The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Has Joe Forte treated the NBA replacements refs in the Big South fairly?
Yes 27 52.94%
No 24 47.06%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 06:42am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_ref View Post
So you’re saying you’re not a replacement referee and therefore haven’t been personally affected by Joe Forte’s alleged bias against replacement referees???? Sounds like you have a personal vendetta against Joe Forte, which make your accusations even less credible. Or is it just that you weren’t assigned enough Big South games and you’re unhappy with your schedule?

If by “convicted felon” you are referring to the federal prosecution of 50+ NBA employees who all failed to pay taxes on their per diem, then yes, he is a convicted felon. David Stern decided to bring back the officials who were prosecuted because they are considered the best in the world. In an effort to “keep it real,” good thing “convicted felons” are given an opportunity to return to their professions or I wouldn’t have the pleasure of watching some of my favorite athletes.

Maybe the NBA referees should look into working college games during the lockout. My guess is your schedule would be even lighter.
I simply said that I NEVER said I was a replacement ref. I said you assumed that. However, I never confirmed or denied your assumption...nuff said.

You can call my allegations whatever you want to call them. Why don't you simply ask officials in th Big South (if you know any of them) if what I am saying is true. Do you own investigation IF it really concerns you...nuff said.

I have no personal vendetta again Forte. I am simply expressing MY opinion on the matter. I did state that many will have a difference of opinion, which you and I clearly have and the poll is 50-50...nuff said.

Yes, I am referring to the tax evasion and it wasn't just on not paying taxes on their per diem...it was clearly an effort to make MORE money by downgrading airfares from 1st class to coach and not paying taxes on that money too. Some would call that stealing! You and and I have to pay our taxes correctly don't we? Obviously, if the FEDS got involved, it was very serious and a felon is a felon regardless of the charge. And most felons cannot VOTE...I may be wrong in this. But, you never responded to whether the NCAA would allow felons to work in the tourney...hum. And Stern did allow them to continue to work. He placed their ability over principle which has come back to bite him and is something that those felon referees have appeared to forget that they are lucky to even still have their jobs in the NBA at all.

But, if the NBA refs worked college hoops during the lockout that would be fine with me. But I guess you're so good that YOUR schedule would not decrease one bit if this happened. BTW, when a few NBA refs got fired from the NBA a few years ago, they went right back to some of the Big 6 leagues...I have no problem with that.

It is a sad state of affairs that if you have talent and are a felon, you are given more opportunity than if you are just a plain Joe...this applies to anything and not just sports. What does that say about our values?

Have a nice day...

Last edited by ncaambbref; Sun Oct 18, 2009 at 06:50am.
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 10:06am
Official Forum Member

Integrity

Officiating is about integrity, People get hired from this principle. I don't have a dog in this fight. However, I can say in this doesn't pass the smell test. The OP points of view are valid from my foxhole. Especially, when it come to officials moving up HS-Collge-Semi-Pro-Pro most assignor encourage this and not hold this against you/them.

If what the OP is stating is true, this is unfair.

My two cents.
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 10:13am
Official Forum Member

ncaambbref has ZERO credibility

ncaambbref,

Everyone knows that anonymous message boards are a hotbed for disgruntled individuals to vent their frustrations with no consequences. You are clearly a replacement ref who feels slighted, someone with an axe to grind against Forte, or just a plain old internet troll who wants to stir controversy. In any case, you have no spine. For if you did, you would've signed your letter with true conviction, not the principles of a 13 year old girl wanting to sling mud with the other gossip girls.

Good Day.
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 11:05am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATJ Ref View Post
ncaambbref,

Everyone knows that anonymous message boards are a hotbed for disgruntled individuals to vent their frustrations with no consequences. You are clearly a replacement ref who feels slighted, someone with an axe to grind against Forte, or just a plain old internet troll who wants to stir controversy. In any case, you have no spine. For if you did, you would've signed your letter with true conviction, not the principles of a 13 year old girl wanting to sling mud with the other gossip girls.

Good Day.
And your post should get the same consideration then.

If Forte didn't have a personal conflict of interest, I'd have no problem with his stance. But either he is protecting his job or giving the appearance of trying to protect his job. In this biz, appearances are (apparently) everything.

This is why they shouldn't hire NBA officials as conference assignors, though.
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 11:10am
Official Forum Member

I don't think I've ever read such bull$hit on this forum, on both sides of the issue.

Joe Forte has a responsibility to the Big South to put the best officials possible on the floor. If he's not doing that based on a personal vendetta, then he is not working in the best interests of the conference and their schools. It should be easy enough to detect. If there are replacement officials who were on the BSC staff last year, and none of them are receiving games this year...guilty as charged. Fire him.

For any replacement official, you're an idiot if you didn't think there would be repercussions from your actions. Right or wrong, those who don't honor a strike or lockout have always been shunned by those affected. Whether they are later hired is not an issue at this point. That's the league's choice.

Finally, it's laughable that people join the site to point fingers at posters who post "anonymously." Indeed, THREE posters who have never seen fit to join this site and post previously, joined now and posted in this thread just to attack the OP. You guys are so big on "spine," why did you join anonymously?

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

My name is Adam Jones and I'm from Utah. I was forwarded this thread by a friend and felt the need to post. I am a fan and have no stake in this matter. I do have a stake in anonymous accusations posted on message boards that have the ability to threaten the employment of an individual.

If ncaambbref has the audacity to make these claims, then he should have the balls to identify himself. For how could anyone believe his claims without a signature???

We have found ourselves in an age where anyone can cause life-altering changes to another, without fear of reprisal. And that is wrong.

I hope Mr. Kallander stands by Mr. Forte. As he should.
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 06:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
We have found ourselves in an age where anyone can cause life-altering changes to another, without fear of reprisal. And that is wrong.
LOL! So if ncaambbref is a BSC official, he signs the petition and sends it to the commissioner, Mr. Forte sees he did this, you don't think ncaambbref is going to suffer reprisals?

BTW, I know of officials who posted on this site under their real names but stop doing so when they reached the D-1 level. I'm 100% sure they are told not to post on Internet discussion forums under their real names.

All of that is bull**** anyway. Whether he identifies himself or not is nothing. You say you're Adam Jones but I could say I'm Adam Jones an no one here would ever know the difference. And unless your name is Joe Forte, you're wrong. you have no stake in any of this.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 06:35pm
Official Forum Member

To ncaambb ref

Grow a pair, have some courage, and sign your name at the bottom of your letter.

I've been officiating college basketball for many years now and have never been happy with the number of assignments I've received. No one ever is. My suggestion to you: stop whining and get better! Joe Forte has more courage and integrity in his little pinky than you do in your whole body. I hope Kyle sees your letter for what it is, a coward's way of complaining and, taking a cheap shot at someone behind the safety a computer.

Sign your name or do us all a favor and go away.....
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 07:12pm
Esteemed Forum Member

How We Pine For Chuck Elias ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
I know of officials who posted on this site under their real names but stop doing so when they reached the D-1 level. I'm 100% sure they are told not to post on Internet discussion forums under their real names.
I'm only a high school official. I originally posted under my real name. I was advised by my interpreter to post under a pseudo name, at about the same time that Chuck Elias did the same. If it was good enough for Chuck Elias, then it was good enough for me, and I followed my interpreter's advice.

You all know me as BillyMac, an environmental chemical analyst, from Connecticut. In real life, I'm just a sweet transvestite, from Transsexual Transylvania.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Oct 18, 2009 at 07:15pm.
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 08:43pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBref 654 View Post
To ncaambb ref

Grow a pair, have some courage, and sign your name at the bottom of your letter.

I've been officiating college basketball for many years now and have never been happy with the number of assignments I've received. No one ever is. My suggestion to you: stop whining and get better! Joe Forte has more courage and integrity in his little pinky than you do in your whole body. I hope Kyle sees your letter for what it is, a coward's way of complaining and, taking a cheap shot at someone behind the safety a computer.

Really? How could ANY felon have integrity?
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 08:47pm
In Time Out

Quote:
To ncaambb ref

This isn't about a number of games. It is about how Forte interjected HIS personal feelings on referees who worked the lockout. Plain and simple, that is unprofessional and lacks integrity.

Who cares what my name is...that is NOT the issue here. I have a pair when I have my whistle in my mouth...that's for sure! LOL
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 08:49pm
In Time Out

Quote:
My name is Adam Jones and I'm from Utah. I was forwarded this thread by a friend and felt the need to post. I am a fan and have no stake in this matter. I do have a stake in anonymous accusations posted on message boards that have the ability to threaten the employment of an individual.

If ncaambbref has the audacity to make these claims, then he should have the balls to identify himself. For how could anyone believe his claims without a signature???

I hope Mr. Kallander stands by Mr. Forte. As he should.
Ask ANYONE affected and you will find out that what I stated is true and a FACT!
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 08:55pm
In Time Out

We should be backing these guys because they represent all of us. Don't you see that how this whole thing plays out directly influences how all referees are viewed and respected on all levels?
We are all in this together as referees.

They (NBA referees) do NOT represent me. Period.
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 09:00pm
In Time Out

What's your name?

Quote:
To ncaambb ref

hum...
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 09:03pm
In Time Out

Amazing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarren View Post
have you not seen joe's response yet...

http://www.bscc-refs.com/jf_statement.html
At least there is a response. lol

What about the fact that he sent out emails wanting to know who was working and then did not give any of those guys games when he found out who they were. Amazing how things happen from this site...lol.

Last edited by ncaambbref; Sun Oct 18, 2009 at 09:11pm.