The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   2009-10 Basketball rules examination- Part 1 (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/54653-2009-10-basketball-rules-examination-part-1-a.html)

JRutledge Wed Sep 16, 2009 02:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomegun (Post 625779)
You know, in a way, giving people the answers gives them a fast track right out of officiating. Either way, who cares? Sooner or later the cream will rise.

For the record, this happens every single year in many associations I belong to. It is up to the individual official to do more study or talking with other officials about rules (and people here are an example of that). And those individuals that get the answers in my area, stay in officiating and seem to be just fine.

I guess I look at this from an academic point of view. If it is cheating to give the answers, it is cheating to give any answer. But I am clearly in the minority on this one.

Peace

deano003 Wed Sep 16, 2009 03:23pm

Wow i didnt know asking for help would bring on World War III... I was never looking for a hand out, just help. If you didnt want to help you didnt have to post. I was looking for answers to check my self. I am new to this and dont know very many people in this to turn to if i have questions, and thats why I came here. My test was done and I wanted to check some answers that I was not clear on.... I didnt know there are still people in this world that hate to see people prosper and suceed.... and may turn out to be better at something than they are..

Smitty Wed Sep 16, 2009 03:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano003 (Post 625787)
I didnt know there are still people in this world that hate to see people prosper and suceed.... and may turn out to be better at something than they are..

You just keep getting better and better with each post. Good luck!

Bad Zebra Wed Sep 16, 2009 06:31pm

Quote:

Wow i didnt know asking for help would bring on World War III...

Don't take it personally. It happens every year at this time. You're not the first to set off a spontaneous s*** storm and you won't be the last.

BktBallRef Wed Sep 16, 2009 08:20pm

Quote:

My test was done and I wanted to check some answers that I was not clear on....

And I'm sure that if you "check some answers" and find out you answered them wrong, you won't change them, will you? :rolleyes:

deano003 Wed Sep 30, 2009 05:53pm

Well after passing my test with the consult of some and being steered in the right direction on some of the questions I am excited to attend my first game. Thanks to all that helped, and thanks to all that didnt.

grunewar Wed Sep 30, 2009 06:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano003 (Post 628129)
Well after passing my test with the consult of some and being steered in the right direction on some of the questions I am excited to attend my first game. Thanks to all that helped, and thanks to all that didnt.

I hope you get that excited when you ref your first game too! ;)

Good luck and let us know how it goes!