The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   2009-10 Basketball rules examination- Part 1 (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/54653-2009-10-basketball-rules-examination-part-1-a.html)

deano003 Tue Sep 15, 2009 03:16pm

2009-10 Basketball rules examination- Part 1

Hey people, I am new to this and want to get off on the right foot. I just finished my 2009-10 Basketball examination -part1 test and with some of the questions being hard to understand with me being new I am really unsure about some of my answers. does anyone have the answers so I can go over it before I send it in. There is a mchanics class comming up very soon and I want to be sure to have my test sent in, pass and start the season. With a baby on the way I would like to get alot of games in before he comes. Thanks alot in advance.

Smitty Tue Sep 15, 2009 03:17pm

Do you have a rule book? The answers are all in the rule book...

Ch1town Tue Sep 15, 2009 03:20pm

Is it THAT time of the year again. At least this one was original... "baby on the way" and all.

deano003 Tue Sep 15, 2009 03:22pm

Not sure what that was supose to mean. I was just looking for some help, not a handout!!!!!!!!!

Camron Rust Tue Sep 15, 2009 03:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano003 (Post 625529)
Not sure what that was supose to mean. I was just looking for some help, not a handout!!!!!!!!!

Realize that about this time of year, we got a lot of people that have never been here before that signup, make one post asking for answers, and disappear. The stories vary, but the theme is the same...people that don't want to do their own homework.

You'll find that you get a lot more information if you post specific questions that you're unsure of with your answer and reasoning...relevant rules and cases.

You'll then get a discussion that will lead you to the answer the right way...understanding the concepts.

Smitty Tue Sep 15, 2009 03:31pm

How is giving you the answers supposed to help you? Won't you feel that much better if you figure out the answers on your own? Buy a rule book. Do everyone a favor - especially the kids you'll be reffing.

just another ref Tue Sep 15, 2009 03:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano003 (Post 625529)

Fine line between the two sometimes.

Raymond Tue Sep 15, 2009 03:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano003 (Post 625526)
Hey people, I am new to this and want to get off on the right foot. I just finished my 2009-10 Basketball examination -part1 test and with some of the questions being hard to understand with me being new I am really unsure about some of my answers. does anyone have the answers so I can go over it before I send it in. There is a mchanics class comming up very soon and I want to be sure to have my test sent in, pass and start the season. With a baby on the way I would like to get alot of games in before he comes. Thanks alot in advance.

We would love to discuss certain questions you had problems with. Helps us get ready for the season also.

Throw a couple out there and what you think the answer should be.

deano003 Tue Sep 15, 2009 03:47pm

That would be great thanks.....

A book keeping mistake can only be corrected by the officals if its recognized by the first dead ball after the mistake? Book says "error must be recognized by an official no later than during the first dead ball after the clock has properly started". i would say true.
there is just alot of questions that word things wierd

Ch1town Tue Sep 15, 2009 03:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano003 (Post 625539)
That would be great thanks.....

A book keeping mistake can only be corrected by the officals if its recognized by the first dead ball after the mistake? Book says "error must be recognized by an official no later than during the first dead ball after the clock has properly started". i would say true.
there is just alot of questions that word things wierd

True, but read the question, then re-read it & get the key words before answering, so they don't trick you.

Book says "error must be recognized by an official no later than during the first dead ball after the clock has properly started.

What type of error(s) does that statement pertain to?

Is bookkeeping listed under those errors?

There's your answer.

deano003 Tue Sep 15, 2009 04:07pm

tricky tricky.. that makes me rethink about 95 out of the 100 questions.

Like..An official shall silenly and visably count seconds while administering the rules for a thow in, free throw, backcourt,closely guarded and three seconds? The book"officails shall silently and visably counting seconds to administer the throw in,free throw,back court,and closely guarded rules".. i say nothing about a three second rule... so it shall be false, right?

M&M Guy Tue Sep 15, 2009 04:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano003 (Post 625546)
tricky tricky.. that makes me rethink about 95 out of the 100 questions.

Like..An official shall silenly and visably count seconds while administering the rules for a thow in, free throw, backcourt,closely guarded and three seconds? The book"officails shall silently and visably counting seconds to administer the throw in,free throw,back court,and closely guarded rules".. i say nothing about a three second rule... so it shall be false, right?

You're catching on. :)

Ch1town Tue Sep 15, 2009 04:13pm

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Welcome to the forum :D

deano003 Tue Sep 15, 2009 04:16pm

Thanks alot guys! I didnt mean to come acoss as a cheat.. just wanted to get this right. Now that you guys have gave me some insight to the questions i am going to go over the questions again now, and when I come across another tuffy I will ask. Thanks agian!

JRutledge Tue Sep 15, 2009 05:05pm

It is an open book test for God's sake!!!!! :rolleyes:

Peace