The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 03:16pm
Official Forum Member

2009-10 Basketball rules examination- Part 1

Hey people, I am new to this and want to get off on the right foot. I just finished my 2009-10 Basketball examination -part1 test and with some of the questions being hard to understand with me being new I am really unsure about some of my answers. does anyone have the answers so I can go over it before I send it in. There is a mchanics class comming up very soon and I want to be sure to have my test sent in, pass and start the season. With a baby on the way I would like to get alot of games in before he comes. Thanks alot in advance.
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 03:17pm
Official Forum Member

Do you have a rule book? The answers are all in the rule book...
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 03:20pm
Ch1town

Is it THAT time of the year again. At least this one was original... "baby on the way" and all.
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

Not sure what that was supose to mean. I was just looking for some help, not a handout!!!!!!!!!
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 03:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano003 View Post
Not sure what that was supose to mean. I was just looking for some help, not a handout!!!!!!!!!
Realize that about this time of year, we got a lot of people that have never been here before that signup, make one post asking for answers, and disappear. The stories vary, but the theme is the same...people that don't want to do their own homework.

You'll find that you get a lot more information if you post specific questions that you're unsure of with your answer and reasoning...relevant rules and cases.

You'll then get a discussion that will lead you to the answer the right way...understanding the concepts.
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 03:31pm
Official Forum Member

How is giving you the answers supposed to help you? Won't you feel that much better if you figure out the answers on your own? Buy a rule book. Do everyone a favor - especially the kids you'll be reffing.
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 03:36pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:

Fine line between the two sometimes.

Lonesome Dove
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 03:39pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Hey people, I am new to this and want to get off on the right foot. I just finished my 2009-10 Basketball examination -part1 test and with some of the questions being hard to understand with me being new I am really unsure about some of my answers. does anyone have the answers so I can go over it before I send it in. There is a mchanics class comming up very soon and I want to be sure to have my test sent in, pass and start the season. With a baby on the way I would like to get alot of games in before he comes. Thanks alot in advance.

We would love to discuss certain questions you had problems with. Helps us get ready for the season also.

Throw a couple out there and what you think the answer should be.
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 03:47pm
Official Forum Member

That would be great thanks.....

A book keeping mistake can only be corrected by the officals if its recognized by the first dead ball after the mistake? Book says "error must be recognized by an official no later than during the first dead ball after the clock has properly started". i would say true.
there is just alot of questions that word things wierd
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 03:55pm
Ch1town

Quote:
That would be great thanks.....

A book keeping mistake can only be corrected by the officals if its recognized by the first dead ball after the mistake? Book says "error must be recognized by an official no later than during the first dead ball after the clock has properly started". i would say true.
there is just alot of questions that word things wierd
True, but read the question, then re-read it & get the key words before answering, so they don't trick you.

Book says "error must be recognized by an official no later than during the first dead ball after the clock has properly started.

What type of error(s) does that statement pertain to?

Is bookkeeping listed under those errors?

There's your answer.
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 04:07pm
Official Forum Member

tricky tricky.. that makes me rethink about 95 out of the 100 questions.

Like..An official shall silenly and visably count seconds while administering the rules for a thow in, free throw, backcourt,closely guarded and three seconds? The book"officails shall silently and visably counting seconds to administer the throw in,free throw,back court,and closely guarded rules".. i say nothing about a three second rule... so it shall be false, right?
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 04:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
tricky tricky.. that makes me rethink about 95 out of the 100 questions.

Like..An official shall silenly and visably count seconds while administering the rules for a thow in, free throw, backcourt,closely guarded and three seconds? The book"officails shall silently and visably counting seconds to administer the throw in,free throw,back court,and closely guarded rules".. i say nothing about a three second rule... so it shall be false, right?
You're catching on.

(Used with permission.)
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 04:13pm
Ch1town

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Welcome to the forum
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks alot guys! I didnt mean to come acoss as a cheat.. just wanted to get this right. Now that you guys have gave me some insight to the questions i am going to go over the questions again now, and when I come across another tuffy I will ask. Thanks agian!
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 05:05pm
Do not give a damn!!

It is an open book test for God's sake!!!!!

Peace