The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 12, 2009, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

More mechanics stuff...NCAA/NFHS

Hi all-

Apologies if this has already been discussed- I gave a quick look in archives, but didn't see this specific question...

For college games, has there been a change in the mechanic for player control? For example, NFHS is hand behind the head. I have recently been informed that it is acceptable to report with a punch just the same as a team control foul. Of course, spot of foul mechanics and individual style varies by individual and region.

Secondly, is the mechanic for long switches the same in 3 person crews in NFHS and NCAA? For example, 3 whistle game, Team A attempting to break press- new trail has a foul on B1 just after inbounds. He then reports and switches away from the table to either new C or new L and the old C or old L is now the new T. Same in both NCAA and NFHS?

I'm sure there is a better way to phrase that, but there it is...

Thanks
Old Thu Nov 12, 2009, 11:02am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Lotto
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeedonk View Post
For college games, has there been a change in the mechanic for player control? For example, NFHS is hand behind the head. I have recently been informed that it is acceptable to report with a punch just the same as a team control foul. Of course, spot of foul mechanics and individual style varies by individual and region.
NCAAM signals (from the rulebook) label the punch as "team-control/player-control foul." It also has the hand-behind-the-head for a player control foul.

NCAAW uses the punch signal only for both team control and player control fouls.
Old Thu Nov 12, 2009, 11:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeedonk View Post
Hi all-

Apologies if this has already been discussed- I gave a quick look in archives, but didn't see this specific question...

Secondly, is the mechanic for long switches the same in 3 person crews in NFHS and NCAA? For example, 3 whistle game, Team A attempting to break press- new trail has a foul on B1 just after inbounds. He then reports and switches away from the table to either new C or new L and the old C or old L is now the new T. Same in both NCAA and NFHS?

I'm sure there is a better way to phrase that, but there it is...

Thanks
NCAAM and NCAAW are different -- in which are you interested?
Old Thu Nov 12, 2009, 11:14am
Official Forum Member

NCAAM and NCAAW are different -- in which are you interested?

Sorry- NCAAM

Z