The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Ejection Policies and Are They Upheld? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/52157-ejection-policies-they-upheld.html)

Reffing Rev. Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:54pm

It was my post earlier, you referenced. "I Made a Mistake"

Coaches do have to attend a rules meeting, either the same one we do, or the "Coaches Association" meeting. Coaches only at that one, I can't say if what is said there matches up with what is said at our's.

In my situation, a coach was ejected in the first round of the playoffs for using a magic word and then charging an official (moi), and would ordinarily be required to sit out the next game. His AD appealed to the state, that his ejection was the result of poor professionalism by the officiating crew, which is like a buzz word in state meetings. So he was permitted to coach their next two games.

I have not heard any official word, except that "ejections and their ramifications are not eligible for any appeal, however, in the event that an ejection is not solely the ejected individual's fault, and the enforcement of consequences might punish teammates who had done nothing wrong consequences may be delayed."

The language orignally used that the ejection was under appeal was the newspaper's interpretation of consequences being delayed.

That coach will be required to take the NFHS coaching class on-line and pay its fee, and he will sit out 2 games next season. 1 for the ejection, and 1 for gross misconduct towards game officials. He has also been put on notice that if he acts in such a way towards officials again he will be suspended for 1 year. (He and I had coffee and a bagel at the girls' tournament this weekend)

Oh, and I spent my first 4 years in IHSA, they have not always been so "supportive" of officials, but I hear they have gotten much better.

Nevadaref Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:03pm

With all due respect to our moderators, it would be super nice if they would agree that Rut has been proven completely wrong in this case as the IHSA has overturned the ejection, and not delete my posts pointing out this fact.

Perhaps Rut will finally bring himself to admit that he is wrong about something. Perhaps he will finally learn and improve from it. It would be really spectacular to see. :D

Again with all due respect to our moderators and the job that they have done, there is simply no denying his incorrectness on this one.

Perhaps even bob jenkins will come in and tell Rut that he was wrong. :eek:

JRutledge Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:08pm

I will be waiting for the quote

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 586841)
With all due respect to our moderators, it would be super nice if they would agree that Rut has been proven completely wrong in this case as the IHSA has overturned the ejection, and not delete my posts pointing out this fact.

Perhaps Rut will finally bring himself to admit that he is wrong about something. Perhaps he will finally learn and improve from it. It would be really spectacular to see. :D

Again with all due respect to our moderators and the job that they have done, there is simply no denying his incorrectness on this one.

Perhaps even bob jenkins will come in and tell Rut that he was wrong. :eek:

With all due respect, what am I wrong about?

You obviously do not know what was said by the IHSA. I did not say it would never be changed. I said I had not ever seen a situation but one that was overturned when the officials misapplied a rule to eject someone.

I did not make a prediction. I did say the IHSA knew more about the situation than any of us knew because a Special Report is filed. Show where I said they were not going to change this decision?

You will not find such a comment. If you want to split hairs, that is fine with me. But man enough to admit that you will not find any comments I said what the IHSA would nor would not do? I would never say what a family member would do. Why would I suggest what the IHSA would not do?

Peace

just another ref Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 586841)
...... Rut has been proven completely wrong in this case as the IHSA has overturned the ejection.....
Perhaps Rut will finally bring himself to admit that he is wrong about something.

This is really not that big a deal, because I don't think too many people care, about Illinois in general, and Rut in particular.**

**another joke

JRutledge Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by just another ref (Post 586849)
This is really not that big a deal, because I don't think too many people care, about Illinois in general, and Rut in particular.**

**another joke

Interestiing, you posted about it. But you do not care. Funny. :D

Peace

JRutledge Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 586669)
All ejections are final. If the rules are followed and a judgment is made, the decisions are final. No going back and changing those decisions. And as far as I know based on what was said before by the IHSA, they support their officials 100% in these situations.

Peace

Since you are not man enough to post my comments, I will do it myself.

Peace

Nevadaref Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 586669)
All ejections are final. If the rules are followed and a judgment is made, the decisions are final. No going back and changing those decisions. And as far as I know based on what was said before by the IHSA, they support their officials 100% in these situations.

I see that you are conveniently attempting to ignore this part.

I'm done with this now. I've clearly made my point and do not wish to cause the moderators a headache.

Buh-bye.

just another ref Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 586851)

Peace

Like deja vu in a mirror.

Adam Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:19pm

Finally.

Adam Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 586851)

Peace

You know, just a thought, but the same thing could be said about your post on girls' basketball. ;)

JRutledge Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 586855)
I see that you are conveniently attempting to ignore this part.

I'm done with this now. I've clearly made my point and do not wish to cause the moderators a headache.

Buh-bye.

From the IHSA Official's Handbook, page 27:

"Ejections for unsportsmanlike conduct are considered decisions of contest officials and will not be subject to appeal (by-law 6.033). Schools and the IHSA may assess additional penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct of players and coaches. Official, if you eject a player or coach this ejection is final. There is no changing of the decision during or after the contest. Therefore make sure that the ejection is warranted."

Peace

JRutledge Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 586862)
You know, just a thought, but the same thing could be said about your post on girls' basketball. ;)

You are right. If I recall, he was not in that discussion at all. Just like this thread. :D

Peace

just another ref Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 586862)

Kinda like.......deja vu in a mirror.

Why didn't I think of that.

Adam Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:52pm

I saw your post; I just thought I'd spell it out more clearly.

just another ref Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 586882)
I saw your post; I just thought I'd spell it out more clearly.

Still didn't sink in.