The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Partner tries to "pick up" coach (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/51683-partner-tries-pick-up-coach.html)

Mark Padgett Sun Feb 15, 2009 09:46pm

Partner tries to "pick up" coach

No, not off the floor. "Pick up" as in a date. And yes, it was a female coach. I must admit, she was pretty cute. This guy has a reputation for this kind of thing with women, but this is the first time I ever heard him try it with a coach. It was a 7th grade girls rec game and at halftime, he asked her, "So....which one of these players is your sister?" He was smiling when he said it and she "got it". She laughed and said, "That's the worst pick-up line I've heard in a long time." He just laughed too, and walked away.

When I got home, I mentioned it to my wife. She gave me one of those "you've got to be kidding" looks. Her comment - "that's pathetic".

26 Year Gap Sun Feb 15, 2009 09:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 579750)
No, not off the floor. "Pick up" as in a date. And yes, it was a female coach. I must admit, she was pretty cute. This guy has a reputation for this kind of thing with women, but this is the first time I ever heard him try it with a coach. It was a 7th grade girls rec game and at halftime, he asked her, "So....which one of these players is your sister?" He was smiling when he said it and she "got it". She laughed and said, "That's the worst pick-up line I've heard in a long time." He just laughed too, and walked away.

When I got home, I mentioned it to my wife. She gave me one of those "you've got to be kidding" looks. Her comment - "that's pathetic".

A better comeback would have been to ask him if his partner was his brother.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 579750)

But, did he get a date with the coach?

MTD, Sr.

CaRef5 Mon Feb 16, 2009 03:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 579757)
But, did he get a date with the coach?

MTD, Sr.

hahaha thats a question that really needs no answer the act alone deserves no response hahaha

its like the guy in the airplane that thinks hes going to die so he... oh nevermind

Adam Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaRef5 (Post 579808)
its like the guy in the airplane that thinks hes going to die so he... oh nevermind

Sounds like a lesson learned with experience. :D

grunewar Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:17am

Disappointed......

Mark - I expected that you would say you played good cop/bad cop here. Ya know - you T her up and toss her out and he picks up the pieces later.....losing your touch!? ;)

M&M Guy Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:53am

I've been noticing the ads at the top of thread pages are somewhat based on the content, so most of the time there are ads for referee shirts and shoes, etc.

Has anyone noticed the ad that appeared at the top of this thread?

Adam Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy (Post 579925)
I've been noticing the ads at the top of thread pages are somewhat based on the content, so most of the time there are ads for referee shirts and shoes, etc.

Since I got DVR, I don't notice any ads; anywhere.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Mark Padgett Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:40pm

Quote:

Lakers basketball tickets? :confused:

Mark Padgett Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 579893)
Mark - I expected that you would say you played good cop/bad cop here. Ya know - you T her up and toss her out and he picks up the pieces later.....losing your touch!? ;)

I would of liked to have tossed her, but not out. ;)

26 Year Gap Mon Feb 16, 2009 02:46pm

Quote:

Had to do with pick up lines believe it or not!

Welpe Mon Feb 16, 2009 02:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 580047)

Gotta love context sensitive advertisments.

M&M Guy Mon Feb 16, 2009 02:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 580047)

I called and bought a couple.

"Do you have a map? I keep getting lost in your eyes."
"If I could re-arrange the alphabet, I would put U and I together."
"You must be a broom, because you've swept me off my feet."

Should I buy more?

AKOFL Mon Feb 16, 2009 03:21pm

Are thoes space pants your wearing, because your a$$ is out of this world. Or for the extreamly desperate. You have a pulse, I find that incredibly attractive in a women.

deecee Mon Feb 16, 2009 03:23pm

ive always been partial to:

Hey how about you come over and we have a few drinks, some pizza and get busy.

After they give you the weird/dirty look say

Fine we dont have to drink or have pizza.