The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 15, 2009, 08:16am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up "T"ed coach is unfriendly

Earlier this week i did a mid school boys playoff game in which the Home coach walked, during the game, all the way to the visitors bench to complain about the officiating to the other coach( I heard him talking). HC had been a friend of mine. I "t" ed him up for unsportman like conduct. He told me he was going to report me to the state for not giving a warning first!!! Ironically, it was the only "T" i gave to a coach all year.

Yesterday, the semi's and finals were held in his GYM. I did those games also. I saw the coach in question, and said "hi coach". he did respond but his actions made it clear that he was Pi**ed.

During one of the games, i saw him talking to the director of mid school athletic's, and pointing at me. No telling what was said, but what ever it was was probably slanted.

these were that last games of the year, so I guess i don't have to see that coach until next year.
What a sad commentary, to hold a grudge in a mid school game!!!!

"Wow my 100th post"
Old Sun Feb 15, 2009, 08:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum View Post
Earlier this week i did a mid school boys playoff game in which the Home coach walked, during the game, all the way to the visitors bench to complain about the officiating to the other coach( I heard him talking). HC had been a friend of mine. I "t" ed him up for unsportsmanlike conduct. He told me he was going to report me to the state for not giving a warning first!!! Ironically, it was the only "T" i gave to a coach all year.

Yesterday, the semi's and finals were held in his GYM. I did those games also. I saw the coach in question, and said "hi coach". he did respond but his actions made it clear that he was Pi**ed.

During one of the games, i saw him talking to the director of mid school athletic's, and pointing at me. No telling what was said, but what ever it was was probably slanted.

these were that last games of the year, so I guess i don't have to see that coach until next year.

"Wow my 100th post"
1. Why didn't you simply T him for being out of the coaching box?

2. It's a given the coaches don't like it when an official Ts them. There is almost always some carry-over of ill-feelings. That's just the way it is. If you want to be friends with the coaches, then don't be an official. If you want to be an official, then you have to take care of business.
Old Sun Feb 15, 2009, 10:19am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Earlier this week i did a mid school boys playoff game in which the Home coach walked, during the game, all the way to the visitors bench to complain about the officiating to the other coach( I heard him talking). HC had been a friend of mine. I "t" ed him up for unsportman like conduct. He told me he was going to report me to the state for not giving a warning first!!!
"Coach, make sure you quote the part of the rule that says warnings aren't necessary. Also, you'll need to leave the gym now, and you can tell the state your 2nd T was for threatening an official."
Old Sun Feb 15, 2009, 11:14am
Official Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
"Coach, make sure you quote the part of the rule that says warnings aren't necessary. Also, you'll need to leave the gym now, and you can tell the state your 2nd T was for threatening an official."
good point. I wish I would have thought of that one. But, then again, he would now have to write 2 letters to the state.
Old Sun Feb 15, 2009, 12:29pm
Administrator

Quote:
Earlier this week i did a mid school boys playoff game in which the Home coach walked, during the game, all the way to the visitors bench to complain about the officiating to the other coach( I heard him talking). HC had been a friend of mine. I "t" ed him up for unsportman like conduct. He told me he was going to report me to the state for not giving a warning first!!! Ironically, it was the only "T" i gave to a coach all year.

"Wow my 100th post"

BeachBum:

I agree with Nevada, the initial infraction by H-HC was for being out of the coaching box. Since this was a JrHS game I would have been inclined to whack him a second time when he told me he was going to report me to the State. That way he will have to explain why he was out of the coaching box and why he shouldn't have been penalized for being out of the coaching box.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio