Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 19, 2009, 12:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny mulkey View Post
Rut,

I was with a college guy the other night and we had this play and we both had whistles. We had the same call. After the game, we had a spirited discussion and it was obvious that he did not like me putting a whistle on "his" line. I know college guys are like that much more so than high school guys (me).

This play got me looking for the exact moment that the new trail would assume sideline responsibility. You may be right that there is no one exact moment on every play.

Anyway, Nobody wants to address my question: What does the verbage mean? "after determining sideline responsibility"
I am not worried about verbiage. I am telling you how to deal with the play. I can just tell you that at the college camps I attended, these plays are about working together and I have never had my feet held to the fire over who makes a call on a play like this. Just know the Trail is responsible until they need help. You should assume the lead is watching other things and if the play is right in front of them, just delay a signal and get the play right. For one if the ball is thrown in front of them, the new lead probably does not for sure in many cases if the ball was tipped or how the ball got there. Work together that is what we do anyway.

Peace