The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 09, 2009, 12:11pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking Great comment by partner

Last night, we had some kid's dad (I assume) standing along the baseline (no - not the "endline" ) taking pictures. He stayed in the corners and wasn't in anyone's way so I didn't think too much about it. However, he started chipping away at some of the calls. Finally, when he complained about an OOB call (an OOB call, no less!), my partner went over to him and said the following: "Sir, this isn't a spectator area. You'll have to go up in the bleachers with the rest of the people who obviously don't know anything about the rules."

The guy just stared for a minute, then went and sat down. I was just cracking up.

Oh, BTW, I got to toss an AC. Made my night.
Old Fri Jan 09, 2009, 12:12pm
Official Forum Member

I'm learning all the good stuff from you!
Old Fri Jan 09, 2009, 12:14pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
my partner went over to him and said the following: "Sir, this isn't a spectator area. You'll have to go up in the bleachers with the rest of the people who obviously don't know anything about the rules."
Obviously, you trained him well!
Old Fri Jan 09, 2009, 12:29pm
Official Forum Member

Last night my parter at trail (2 man crew) standing in front of the bench called a traveling violation on a post move down at the block. As we're heading down the court after the throw-in I see the coach move to where my partner was standing when he made the call and heard him say to his assistant.."nope, I can't see it from here". A couple possession later I was standing by him and he was asking for an "over-the-back" call and I said don't you remember you can't see that from here.
Old Fri Jan 09, 2009, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

Tell him you'll call "over-the-back" just as soon as he can show it to you in the rule book
Old Fri Jan 09, 2009, 02:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAREF View Post
Last night my parter at trail (2 man crew) standing in front of the bench called a traveling violation on a post move down at the block. As we're heading down the court after the throw-in I see the coach move to where my partner was standing when he made the call and heard him say to his assistant.."nope, I can't see it from here". A couple possession later I was standing by him and he was asking for an "over-the-back" call and I said don't you remember you can't see that from here.
Had a similar (sort of) sitch at a small JH where the coach kept questioning me before the game about this and that, I finally said, "Look it up in your rule book" and he said, "Oh, I never read the rule book". Later in the game, he questioned a call, and I said, "Let's just remember who reads the rule book and who doesn't." He pretty much didn't say another word the rest of the game.
Old Fri Jan 09, 2009, 03:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juulie Downs View Post
Had a similar (sort of) sitch at a small JH where the coach kept questioning me before the game about this and that, I finally said, "Look it up in your rule book" and he said, "Oh, I never read the rule book". Later in the game, he questioned a call, and I said, "Let's just remember who reads the rule book and who doesn't." He pretty much didn't say another word the rest of the game.
Slam dunk.

But does it really count the same amount if he gives you a ladder like that first?