The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 11:31pm
Official Forum Member

6 pounds so far

I've lost 6 pounds since Christmas. For me that's kind of like throwing a deck chair off the Queen Mary, but it s pretty good start! Any of you having any luck with that resolution?
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 11:36pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by refnrev View Post
I've lost 6 pounds since Christmas. For me that's kind of like throwing a deck chair off the Queen Mary, but it s pretty good start! Any of you having any luck with that resolution?
I'd stop gambling on those British web sites, Reverend. A man of the cloth really ought to set a better example.

BTW, no progress on my weight loss; no games since the 20th.
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 11:40pm
Official Forum Member

Funny thing is neither have I (had games) but I do think that I have the fittest dog in the county. Lots of walks!
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 06:17am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
No luck here!

I've found that if I eat less and exercise more, I lose weight. Now, if I could just eat less and exercise more......!
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 08:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I lost about 6 pounds before Christmas, but I am pretty sure I gained it back over the holiday. So, it is back to the drawing board for me.
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 09:43am
Courageous When Prudent

I maintained so I'm happy. I usually gain about 5lbs during the season so I'm very happy that I've maintained the same weight so far. Not doing all the late night eating and drinking after games like I used to. As soon as the season is over I'm looking to lose 10lbs by mid-April when I have my first camp.
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

I've been 170 for 30 years.............eat like crap.
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 11:45am
MABO Member

During the offseason I usually get upwards of 225lbs. Typically, from November to March I will drop down to 205 to 210 depending on how many games I officiate. I weighed in after Christmas already down to 208.

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

Dedicated

I really dedicated myself this year to get in shape. I know that in order for me to keep moving up I needed to shed off some weight. I weighed 236 on Labor Day when I started watching. I am down to 201. I still want to lose another 20 or so. I tell you I feel much better out on the court. I really can tell the difference during the bigger boys games.
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 01:55pm
certified Hot Mom tester

I dropped five pounds when I lost my marbles.
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIAA REF View Post
I really dedicated myself this year to get in shape. I know that in order for me to keep moving up I needed to shed off some weight. I weighed 236 on Labor Day when I started watching. I am down to 201. I still want to lose another 20 or so. I tell you I feel much better out on the court. I really can tell the difference during the bigger boys games.
Just before last season I decided it was time to lose some weight. By the beginning of this season last November, I was down 60lbs, right to where you are at 200lbs. I used to powerlift, so I carry it well, but would still like to lose maybe 10lbs more.

Not only do I feel much quicker on the court, I do not have near the soreness in my knees and feet as I did in previous seasons. Another positive benefit has been in my ratings. Whatever there value, I find it interesting to note that my ratings on appearance have especially increased as well as those for proper positioning and hustle. I would suggest that has more to do with my size than anything I'm doing differently.

On top of that, I just feel better overall and more confident. I wish I had done it sooner!
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 02:29pm
Official Forum Member

Here is the training program that I follow....

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax. Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.

Then try 50-lb potato bags and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level.) After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag.
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 03:29pm
Official Forum Member