The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 05:40pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to IUgrad92
Question about Arbiter.net

Our association uses Arbiter, but I personally have no experience with the administrator side of it. My question is, is there an easy way, a report, export, etc. that can be ran to show the assigned officials for all scheduled games for a particular week, month, etc?

Thanks!
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 05:43pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

If so, that would be nice. The master schedule allows you to view everything in your association, and you can filter it by different variables.

For what you're asking, though, you'd need to be able to filter by official (you), and I don't think that's an option. At least it isn't the way my association has it set up.

I have to click on each game to get the officials scheduled with me.
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 05:54pm
Official Forum Member

We use Arbiter. That is not a function available to the officials. It would cause too much fighting. We could go in and see the number of games each person gets, and complain to the assignor.

Get yourself a piece of paper and search by day.....call me in march after you have figured it out.
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 05:59pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to tjchamp
Our association just started using assignbyweb. It shows you all of your games, and who you are working with. You can then email your partners straight from the web page. It also has their phone numbers, and links for schools and school contacts. It is great.

I agree, I would cause much headache for the assignor if everyone had access to all of the scheduling. People would be complaining left and right about who is getting what games. We have enough of that already.
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 06:00pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

We have access to the master schedule; it aids in requesting evaluations by letting you see who's officiating at your venue after you.
Old Wed Jan 07, 2009, 01:33pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to IUgrad92
I have access to the master schedule as well, but it only shows games, type of game, time, site, opponent, etc.

Reason I asked is so that if I'm free on Friday night and I've never seen 'Joe Smith' work, I would have a way to see where he's working a game and go watch. I could drive around town to probably 10 schools/sites and pop-in to see who's working, so to me, it's public knowledge as far as knowing who is working the games. So I really don't get the whole 'in-fighting' thing.

To me, providing a list of games with assigned officials to those games, on a weekly basis, would help keep things on the 'up and up', if you will. If there is resistance to this type of thing, then to me that would signal that something shady might be going on.
Old Thu Jan 08, 2009, 01:28pm
Official Forum Member

The Arbiter is great and easy to use. The Master Schedule availability function is set by the assignor ("administrator"). Most chapters do not use it, because of "in-fighting" and hurt feelings over who gets what games. (previous poster said the same)

I have used Zebra-Ware and The Arbiter. I like the ease of using The Arbiter, but I like the amount of information available in Zebra-Ware.

Just my take. If you want more access, talk to you assignor.
Old Thu Jan 08, 2009, 01:39pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

We have an option to "show slots," which does just as you're looking for. As has been said, though, not all associations grant this ability to their officials.

Otherwise, you may just have to call Mr. Smith and ask him where he's working. This would give you a chance to ask if you can sit in on the pre-game and half-time with them.