The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Oct 14, 2008, 03:51pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks in advance

I know officials get a lot of crap, deserved or not. So before this years high school season gets under way, I'd like to say thank you to the officials that work hard, care about the game, take pride in their craft yet humbly acknowledge their imperfections, strive to get better and do their best game in and game out. You guys are an intergral part of this game we all love. Don't let the "other" kind of refs bring you down, and don't let coaches make you jaded (remember there are a few out there that aren't satan's offspring).

And remember: call it both ways, and let the players decide the game, and don't forget to bring your glasses!

Have a great season everyone.
Old Tue Oct 14, 2008, 04:19pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Koach View Post
And remember: call it both ways, and let the players decide the game, and don't forget to bring your glasses!
And you remember to bring your rule book with you and show it to the official at the proper time - it'll get you in good with them!

PS - You have a good season too and let us know how it goes...and how well we do!
Old Tue Oct 14, 2008, 04:55pm
In Memoriam

Quote:

Go get 'em, Coach!
Old Tue Oct 14, 2008, 05:51pm
Official Forum Member

I'd say thanks to you coaches as well. I couldn't put myself through that year after year. You are even more underpaid than officials at most levels.
Old Tue Oct 14, 2008, 09:56pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Was That Parent An AH-64 Apache, Or A UH-60 Black Hawk ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleringer View Post
I'd say thanks to you coaches as well. I couldn't put myself through that year after year. You are even more underpaid than officials at most levels.
Good luck with the "helicopter parents".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 01:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I know officials get a lot of crap, deserved or not. So before this years high school season gets under way, I'd like to say thank you to the officials that work hard, care about the game, take pride in their craft yet humbly acknowledge their imperfections, strive to get better and do their best game in and game out. You guys are an intergral part of this game we all love. Don't let the "other" kind of refs bring you down, and don't let coaches make you jaded (remember there are a few out there that aren't satan's offspring).

Good post Coach, those are my sentiments, too. I lose 3 starters from last years team...we'll see what kind of a coach I am this year!!! And I'll keep the little pea soup green book handy for easy reference during the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I don't know what that means....
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 02:44pm
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachP View Post
I don't know what that means....
They both hover.
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 10:48pm
Official Forum Member

Link: Helicoptor Parent
Old Thu Oct 16, 2008, 12:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I know officials get a lot of crap because I give them alot, deserved or not. So before this years high school season gets under way, I'd like to say (we are young, undersized) thank you to the officials that work hard, care about the game, take pride in their craft yet humbly acknowledge (all the calls they miss) their imperfections, strive to get better (but still call the same crap against us) and do their best game in and game out. You guys are an unintended part of this game we all love. Don't let the "other" kind of refs bring you down, and don't let coaches make you jaded (remember there are a few out there that aren't satan's offspring I am a close cousin however).

And remember: call it MY way, and let MY players WIN the game, and don't forget to bring your glasses!

Have a great season YOU STRIPE-WEARING LOSERS!
- Edited to reflect actual intent, the season hasn't even started, you don't have to start working us. Save that for game time

Last edited by icallfouls; Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 12:57pm.