The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jun 16, 2008, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

What do you think about this play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xChpS5Es0VA

the Kobe steal on Paul Pierce last night.
"Earl Strom is a throwback, a reminder of the days when the refs had colorful personalities, the days when war-horses like Mendy Rudolph, Norm Drucker, and a younger Earl Strom were called the father, the son, and the holy ghost.—Roy Firestone, sports commentator
Old Mon Jun 16, 2008, 02:56pm
Do not give a damn!!

I don't.

Peace
Old Mon Jun 16, 2008, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

No doubt about it. We wuz robbed. Half the officials are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, and the other half are on the take.
Old Mon Jun 16, 2008, 03:18pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
I don't.
Agree completely.
Old Mon Jun 16, 2008, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins
No doubt about it. We wuz robbed. Half the officials are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, and the other half are on the take.
Is it possible to be both? I'm just asking in case I ever get there. I'd like to maximize the opportunity
Old Mon Jun 16, 2008, 04:03pm
Official Forum Member

Youtube sucks

The video is so sh*tty that I can't even tell what I'm supposed to comment on.

This applies to just about all youtube videos posted on this site.

I say we should ban youtube postings, maybe we should conduct a poll...
Old Mon Jun 16, 2008, 04:12pm
Official Forum Member

What's there to look at...ball was picked. Any contact that occurred didn't tilt the advantage balance away from the ball handler. Celts have to protect the ball better than that.
Old Mon Jun 16, 2008, 04:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust
What's there to look at...ball was picked. Any contact that occurred didn't tilt the advantage balance away from the ball handler. Celts have to protect the ball better than that.
ok but it also appears (inspite of the crappy video) that the ball was never touched, that Kobe hit pierce's arm to knock it away.

I realize it is the NBE, not really looking for a NBE reffs argument, just wondered what everyone else thought about the play
"Earl Strom is a throwback, a reminder of the days when the refs had colorful personalities, the days when war-horses like Mendy Rudolph, Norm Drucker, and a younger Earl Strom were called the father, the son, and the holy ghost.—Roy Firestone, sports commentator
Old Mon Jun 16, 2008, 04:39pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Reff
ok but it also appears (inspite of the crappy video) that the ball was never touched, that Kobe hit pierce's arm to knock it away.

I realize it is the NBE, not really looking for a NBE reffs argument, just wondered what everyone else thought about the play
If you can call that play any better than the officials on the court without benefit of a replay, then good for you. I personally think that was a touch call and it looked like the ball was touched and not the arm. Reaching in is not a foul.

Peace
Old Mon Jun 16, 2008, 05:19pm
Ch1town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Reff

As the wife & I were watching the game last night, she says "what would you have on that one"? I say it's a good no call (from my couch in CO). She says what about the contact on his arm? I thought he hit the ball first & then the arm, if at all. I don't think hitting his arm alone would make the ball fly across the court the way it did. Good defensive play! And I hate the flakers...

With all the missed tips at the rim that KG usually dunks, one would have to think the script called for them lose.
It's a done deal tomorrow unless kobe drops 70+
Old Mon Jun 16, 2008, 10:31pm
Official Forum Member

Can't see it well on YouTube, but it looked clean to me on SportsCenter this morning.
Old Tue Jun 17, 2008, 08:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
If you can call that play any better than the officials on the court without benefit of a replay, then good for you. I personally think that was a touch call and it looked like the ball was touched and not the arm. Reaching in is not a foul.

Peace

I seriously doubt I would have called it a foul live because it happened so quick, it didnt look like a foul live and Pierce didnt react like his arm was hit. I dont have a problem with the NBE reff not calling a foul there, Pierce should have protected the ball better