The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   What do you think about this play? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/45524-what-do-you-think-about-play.html)

Cajun Reff Mon Jun 16, 2008 02:54pm

What do you think about this play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xChpS5Es0VA

the Kobe steal on Paul Pierce last night.

JRutledge Mon Jun 16, 2008 02:56pm

I don't. ;)

Peace

bob jenkins Mon Jun 16, 2008 03:08pm

No doubt about it. We wuz robbed. Half the officials are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, and the other half are on the take.

Jurassic Referee Mon Jun 16, 2008 03:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
I don't.

Agree completely.

Back In The Saddle Mon Jun 16, 2008 03:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins
No doubt about it. We wuz robbed. Half the officials are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, and the other half are on the take.

Is it possible to be both? I'm just asking in case I ever get there. I'd like to maximize the opportunity ;)

eyezen Mon Jun 16, 2008 04:03pm

Youtube sucks

The video is so sh*tty that I can't even tell what I'm supposed to comment on.

This applies to just about all youtube videos posted on this site.

I say we should ban youtube postings, maybe we should conduct a poll... ;)

Camron Rust Mon Jun 16, 2008 04:12pm

What's there to look at...ball was picked. Any contact that occurred didn't tilt the advantage balance away from the ball handler. Celts have to protect the ball better than that.

Cajun Reff Mon Jun 16, 2008 04:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust
What's there to look at...ball was picked. Any contact that occurred didn't tilt the advantage balance away from the ball handler. Celts have to protect the ball better than that.

ok but it also appears (inspite of the crappy video) that the ball was never touched, that Kobe hit pierce's arm to knock it away.

I realize it is the NBE, not really looking for a NBE reffs argument, just wondered what everyone else thought about the play

JRutledge Mon Jun 16, 2008 04:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun Reff
ok but it also appears (inspite of the crappy video) that the ball was never touched, that Kobe hit pierce's arm to knock it away.

I realize it is the NBE, not really looking for a NBE reffs argument, just wondered what everyone else thought about the play

If you can call that play any better than the officials on the court without benefit of a replay, then good for you. I personally think that was a touch call and it looked like the ball was touched and not the arm. Reaching in is not a foul.

Peace

Ch1town Mon Jun 16, 2008 05:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun Reff

As the wife & I were watching the game last night, she says "what would you have on that one"? I say it's a good no call (from my couch in CO). She says what about the contact on his arm? I thought he hit the ball first & then the arm, if at all. I don't think hitting his arm alone would make the ball fly across the court the way it did. Good defensive play! And I hate the flakers...

With all the missed tips at the rim that KG usually dunks, one would have to think the script called for them lose.
It's a done deal tomorrow unless kobe drops 70+

Mark Dexter Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:31pm

Can't see it well on YouTube, but it looked clean to me on SportsCenter this morning.

Cajun Reff Tue Jun 17, 2008 08:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
If you can call that play any better than the officials on the court without benefit of a replay, then good for you. I personally think that was a touch call and it looked like the ball was touched and not the arm. Reaching in is not a foul.

Peace

I seriously doubt I would have called it a foul live because it happened so quick, it didnt look like a foul live and Pierce didnt react like his arm was hit. I dont have a problem with the NBE reff not calling a foul there, Pierce should have protected the ball better