The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 07, 2008, 11:38pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Can't we all just get along? (Thanks Rodney!)
Old Mon Apr 07, 2008, 11:46pm
Official Forum Member

can't we all get along. That deflection call was really over the top. Was that him though. Overall I would give the refs an A-. Perhaps even Bilas and the rest of the Espn crew will give them some love. Or not

I missed that play when there could have been a double dribble. what happened exactly? I saw Rose pick up the ball but I didn't see what happened next or before. and I can't remember if he dribbled or passed right after.
Old Mon Apr 07, 2008, 11:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpbreeze
can't we all get along. That deflection call was really over the top. Was that him though. Overall I would give the refs an A-. Perhaps even Bilas and the rest of the Espn crew will give them some love. Or not

I missed that play when there could have been a double dribble. what happened exactly? I saw Rose pick up the ball but I didn't see what happened next or before. and I can't remember if he dribbled or passed right after.
Memphis was carrying the ball all game, too bad the crew was so busy trying to get there to be able to get an angle to see it.
Old Tue Apr 08, 2008, 12:06am
Do not give a damn!!

Wow, when the heck did this get off track? Man, I do not even know where to start. Maybe I will just get off the track right now.

Peace
Old Tue Apr 08, 2008, 12:59am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRef21
We are giving more ammunition out so we can be criticized and disrespected by people who don't respect the stripes and think we are big a joke. So once again, please put an end to this.
Thanks,
Coaches are going to think what they want to think and they will not be on this board to come to their conclusions. And could give a damn what a coach thinks in the first place.

Peace
Old Tue Apr 08, 2008, 01:41am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TRef21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Coaches are going to think what they want to think and they will not be on this board to come to their conclusions. And could give a damn what a coach thinks in the first place.

Peace
Good point. I'm in that off-season mode where i tend to forget that one specific point.
Old Tue Apr 08, 2008, 03:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
It should had been a flagrant personal foul. And I am not saying that because I am a KU fan either.

MTD, Sr.
You forgot your smiley face.

No way that was flagrant...ever. Relatively little contact as he ran by him....both at full speed. He was trying to avoid it but misjudged where the shooter was going to go. Sure it happened to topple him, but the defender didn't duck down under and take his legs out.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Tue Apr 08, 2008 at 03:17am.
Old Tue Apr 08, 2008, 03:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindzebra
Actually the only part he got right was he could recover it. He then said it would be a violation if he advanced the ball.

So the world is safe, he's still a moron.
Since the player that picked up the ball had already used his dribble, Packer, as much as I hate to say so, was entirely correct on that one. (advance => dribble)
Old Tue Apr 08, 2008, 03:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindzebra
Memphis was carrying the ball all game, too bad the crew was so busy trying to get there to be able to get an angle to see it.
Sorry, you're simply mistaken. Perhaps they're just better ball handlers than you're use to seeing. There was once or twice that could have been, but not all game.
Old Tue Apr 08, 2008, 05:50am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Wow, when the heck did this get off track? Man, I do not even know where to start. Maybe I will just get off the track right now.
Good choice.

I think that I'll just let this one wander off into oblivion all by itself too.

Sad.
Old Tue Apr 08, 2008, 06:00am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30
I thought so too, but I'm on the couch and he's there..........sigh.
He's there because the evaluators go beyond his histrionics to see if he's making the calls that need to be made, getting 'em right and keeping things under control. Iow, they don't really care how he gets there; they care that he actually does get there.

He gets the job done. That's all that matters.

Just my take......

PS- I have to add that I didn't see him call any game-interrupters either.
Old Tue Apr 08, 2008, 06:37am
Huck Finn

Wow, you guys are harsh.

While I did bring up some of Hightower's histrionics, we have to be fair. He isn't jumping all around like two "Big Dogs" from out west. He just seemed to be doing a little bit more than he normally does.

Also, except for Verne Harris, the west coast wasn't really represented at all in the final four was it? Actually, Harris is from Denver I believe so he is only from the "west coast" because he is in the Pac-10.
Old Tue Apr 08, 2008, 07:53am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust
You forgot your smiley face.

No way that was flagrant...ever. Relatively little contact as he ran by him....both at full speed. He was trying to avoid it but misjudged where the shooter was going to go. Sure it happened to topple him, but the defender didn't duck down under and take his legs out.
The first time, and each time, I saw it, I thought that the defender did undercut the shooter with intention.

Was he just trying to cause the shooter to alter his shot? I don't think so.
Was he trying to injure the shooter? I don't think so.
They don't even do that undercut in the NBA. The defender steps away and watches because the repercussions would be enormous.

The defender angled under him and slowed. in order to be in the path. He knew exactly where the shooter was, and he knew exactly what the result was going to be.

Then why wasn't the intentional called? Because the defender made no other overt move at the shooter, because the shooter didn't get hurt and because the officials did not think the game would be better for such a call [much like the no-call on the 25' bouncy ball].

Did the defender know what he was doing ? You can take it to the bank.
Old Tue Apr 08, 2008, 11:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
The first time, and each time, I saw it, I thought that the defender did undercut the shooter with intention.

Was he just trying to cause the shooter to alter his shot? I don't think so.
Was he trying to injure the shooter? I don't think so.
They don't even do that undercut in the NBA. The defender steps away and watches because the repercussions would be enormous.

The defender angled under him and slowed. in order to be in the path. He knew exactly where the shooter was, and he knew exactly what the result was going to be.

Then why wasn't the intentional called? Because the defender made no other overt move at the shooter, because the shooter didn't get hurt and because the officials did not think the game would be better for such a call [much like the no-call on the 25' bouncy ball].

Did the defender know what he was doing ? You can take it to the bank.
Sure he tried to be in his way (isn't that defense). But it was far from flagrant. He had not intent to harm or injure or create vicious contact. He didn't bend over to submarine him. He just got in front of him.
Old Tue Apr 08, 2008, 12:06pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust
Sure he tried to be in his way (isn't that defense). But it was far from flagrant. He had not intent to harm or injure or create vicious contact. He didn't bend over to submarine him. He just got in front of him.
Ha! I guess he did, but it would have been more sporting to be facing the opponent. Defender knew what he was doing, and so do I.