The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Apr 06, 2008, 01:31pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Arrow re: Parade Magazine's HS Boys AA Team

Out of the 30 players on their 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams, the most (four) are from Georgia. California and NY each have three. I'm not surprised at CA and NY because of their large populations, but having four from Georgia (yeah, I know, it's not that small) still is quite a accomplishment.

No one selected was under 6'0" (not surprising) and there were two guys 7' or taller, both on the 1st team.

I guess we will see how promising these guys are as their college careers unfold. I'm sure most of them will do very well while some of them might "pull a Diebler".

BTW - their "Player Of The Year" is 6'2" Brandon Jennings, a guard, from Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, VA.

Ya' know - you never saw the mouth of Wilson on "Tool Time".

http://www.parade.com/articles/editi...oys_Basketball
Old Sun Apr 06, 2008, 01:49pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
What do you think the percentage of players listed will complete four years AND graduate will be?
Old Sun Apr 06, 2008, 01:56pm
Official Forum Member

I would just like to point out that there are two WFU recruits (both from GA, coincidentally) on that list.

Al-Farouq Aminu- first team
Tony Woods- fourth team

Go Deacs!
Old Sun Apr 06, 2008, 01:58pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
You mean "Home Improvement". "Tool Time" was Tim Allen's cable TV home improvement show, that is, a show within a show. In "Home Improvement" it was never really known what Wilson (Earl Hindman) looked like, because there always was some clever way of hiding part of his face from view. His face is briefly revealed at the end of the final episode when the entire casts comes out to take their bows for the show's final curtain call. However, Wilson's full face can be seen in a few episodes, such as at a party or sitting down cutting apples.

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Apr 06, 2008 at 02:09pm.
Old Sun Apr 06, 2008, 03:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Out of the 30 players on their 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams, the most (four) are from Georgia. California and NY each have three. I'm not surprised at CA and NY because of their large populations, but having four from Georgia (yeah, I know, it's not that small) still is quite a accomplishment.

No one selected was under 6'0" (not surprising) and there were two guys 7' or taller, both on the 1st team.

I guess we will see how promising these guys are as their college careers unfold. I'm sure most of them will do very well while some of them might "pull a Diebler".

BTW - their "Player Of The Year" is 6'2" Brandon Jennings, a guard, from Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, VA.

http://www.parade.com/articles/editi...oys_Basketball

I'll try and top that Georgia thing. Tomorrow night in the NCAA championship,
Sherron Collins from Kansas and Derrick Rose from Memphis both played in the mighty , mighty, Chicago public league.
Old Sun Apr 06, 2008, 03:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar
What do you think the percentage of players listed will complete four years AND graduate will be?
Not many, when they can become millionaires before they turn 21
Old Sun Apr 06, 2008, 03:09pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
It depends on how many of them play in the Ivy League.
Old Sun Apr 06, 2008, 03:10pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Never Too Old For College ...

Quote:
If my son, or daughter, were that good, I would encourage them to pursue a professional career as soon as possible, as long as they could make enough guaranteed money to pay for the four, or five, years of college that they forfeited by going pro early and losing their scholarship. You can never be too old to go to college. You can be too old, or too injured, to play professional basketball.
Old Sun Apr 06, 2008, 03:10pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac
You mean "Home Improvement". "Tool Time" was Tim Allen's cable TV home improvement show, that is, a show within a show. In "Home Improvement" it was never really known what Wilson (Earl Hindman) looked like, because there always was some clever way of hiding part of his face from view. His face is briefly revealed at the end of the final episode when the entire casts comes out to take their bows for the show's final curtain call. However, Wilson's full face can be seen in a few episodes, such as at a party or sitting down cutting apples.
So, since Wilson never appeared on "Tool Time", I was right.
Old Sun Apr 06, 2008, 03:14pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Maybe ???

Quote:
So, since Wilson never appeared on "Tool Time", I was right.
I don't know. Did Wilson ever appear on "Tool Time"?
Old Sun Apr 06, 2008, 03:27pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac
If my son, or daughter, were that good, I would encourage them to pursue a professional career as soon as possible, as long as they could make enough guaranteed money to pay for the four, or five, years of college that they forfeited by going pro early and losing their scholarship. You can never be too old to go to college. You can be too old, or too injured, to play professional basketball.
Billy, I agree. As I always say.....if a kid is sitting in his computer class in college, and a guy from IBM or Cisco, (or fill in any big IT company name) comes in and says, I'll give you $xM over the next y years to get up and follow me.....most kids would be gone!

I just hope they're smart with their money and get some good advice, as for most any fame and fortune is fleeting.
Old Sun Apr 06, 2008, 03:28pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Quote:
It depends on how many of them play in the Ivy League.
Gee Mark, how many of these kids do you think are going to Ivy League schools?
Old Sun Apr 06, 2008, 05:06pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs up

Quote:
Gee Mark, how many of these kids do you think are going to Ivy League schools?
Hey - who wouldn't want to play for Harvard, a school that hasn't placed a team in the NCAA tournament in 62 years and has never won a conference title. However, it is a damn good school, ya' gotta admit.
Old Sun Apr 06, 2008, 08:44pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Fame And Fortune ...

Quote:
I just hope they're smart with their money and get some good advice, as for most any fame and fortune is fleeting.
Amen.