The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Warning!! It's Baaaaaack!! Off-topic Baseball Thread '08 !! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/43023-warning-its-baaaaaack-off-topic-baseball-thread-08-a.html)

ChuckElias Tue Apr 08, 2008 01:10pm

Great pre-game ceremonies today. Patriots, Bruins and Celtics players from the past were there. Everybody came out to get his ring, Johnny Pesky raised the championship banner in center field, Bill Buckner threw out the first pitch to Dwight Evans. Buckner got a HUGE ovation, not a single "boo" that made it to the microphones.

And Dice-K walks to the mound. . .

:)

dblref Tue Apr 08, 2008 07:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
How do you drink toast? :confused:

Easy, just put it in the glass with the beer. ;) You guys in the great Pacific Northwest need to get out more.

dblref Tue Apr 08, 2008 07:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Great pre-game ceremonies today. Patriots, Bruins and Celtics players from the past were there. Everybody came out to get his ring, Johnny Pesky raised the championship banner in center field, Bill Buckner threw out the first pitch to Dwight Evans. Buckner got a HUGE ovation, not a single "boo" that made it to the microphones.

And Dice-K walks to the mound. . .

:)

Were the Patriots there to film the preceedings?

ChuckElias Fri Apr 11, 2008 05:19pm

Sox/Yanks, Part 1, starts in less than an hour! :)

(Sorry about the M's in Tampa Bay. Ouch! :( ESPN's Page 2 had "rejected T-Shirt slogans" and the Tampa Bay slogan was "Last Chance to Make Fun of Us!")

Jurassic Referee Fri Apr 11, 2008 05:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias
1) Sox/Yanks, Part 1, starts in less than an hour!

2) Sorry about the M's in Tampa Bay.

1) Yup, and I gotta watch it on NESN. Don't get YES on my dish. Gonna have to mute the sound.:)

2) What do you expect? JJ Putz is on the DL. They're a shell of a team without him.

M&M Guy Fri Apr 11, 2008 06:13pm

So, Chuck, how did you get the pass to get into the new stadium construction site?

(I assume you had somethin' to do with the buried shirt?...)

Dan_ref Fri Apr 11, 2008 09:42pm

You take the good wih the bad.

Miss USA is being hosted by Donny & Marie Osmond, Donald Trump has a front row seat & is in full pout and one of the judges is more effeminate than any of the contestants... but it seems to be a man.

On the good side... NY wins 4-1 on a 2 hitter by chin-min-poly-woly-ding-dong wong.

edit - they just named the top 5. Who knew there was so much silicon on planet earth??

Jurassic Referee Fri Apr 11, 2008 09:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_ref

On the good side... NY wins 4-1 on a 2 hitter by chin-min-poly-woly-ding-dong wong.

Complete game too. That's almost as rare as the Cubbies winning anything meaningful.

Lcubed48 Sat Apr 12, 2008 07:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
That's almost as rare as the Cubbies winning anything meaningful.

AMEN!!!

I didn't say it or even think it, but I did enjoyed it.

Lcubed48 Sat Apr 12, 2008 08:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
That's almost as rare as the Cubbies winning anything meaningful.

And now this bit of news.

Alou says he wouldn't have caught Bartman ball.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/p...?urn=mlb,74816

Mark Dexter Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:17pm

Fox Saturday Baseball

So I realize that today's Yanks-Sox game went long because of the rain delay and that the end of the baseball game cut into the beginning of Fox's NASCAR coverage.

That said, they decided to cut away with the Yankees trailing by 1 in the top of the 9th - 2 outs and a full count on Cano. (At least they switched it over to FX, which I frantically scrambled to locate on my TV.) I realize that Joe Buck has no clue about what makes interesting baseball, but I would think that the director in the truck might know.

canuckrefguy Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:18pm

Nascar....

And you guys give me a hard time for watching hockey....

;)

BLydic Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:36pm

I was watching the Masters.

Go Tribe!

JRutledge Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuckrefguy
Nascar....

And you guys give me a hard time for watching hockey....

;)

I would give you a hard time if you watch NASCAR too.

Peace

canuckrefguy Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
I would give you a hard time if you watch NASCAR too.

Peace

LOL :D