The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Warning!! It's Baaaaaack!! Off-topic Baseball Thread '08 !! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/43023-warning-its-baaaaaack-off-topic-baseball-thread-08-a.html)

BillyMac Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:51pm

Proud, And Still Proud, Red Sox Fan Since 1967 ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias (Post 544039)
Gotta hand it to 'em. Rays beat us up pretty good all season. Congratulations.

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, but at least almost does count sometimes. The way I look at it, Jason Bay was still playing left field when Manny was playing golf, or selling his barbecue on Ebay.

tjones1 Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 544041)
Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, but at least almost does count sometimes. The way I look at it, Jason Bay was still playing left field when Manny was playing golf, or selling his barbecue on Ebay.

And nuclear war... :D

grunewar Thu Oct 30, 2008 05:49am

Any love out there for the Phils?

What a bizarre final game - well, at least I could stay up and watch it..... Maybe MLB could make all games three innings! ;)

M&M Guy Thu Oct 30, 2008 08:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 547052)
Any love out there for the Phils?

What a bizarre final game - well, at least I could stay up and watch it..... Maybe MLB could make all games three innings! ;)

It's nice to see a National League team win it. (I've noticed several prominent American League fans haven't been around here lately...)

It seemed to be a rather bizarre series overall. But I did like the ending - a 4-inning sprint to the finish. It was exciting, relatively good baseball, and it started and finished at a decent hour where my son could watch the end of it, and see the final celebration.

Raymond Thu Oct 30, 2008 09:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 547052)
Any love out there for the Phils? ;)

Yes, right here!!!! I was 16 years old and living in South Jersey when Tug McGraw got the final out against the Royals. Mike Schmidt is still my all-time favorite baseball player.

Adam Thu Oct 30, 2008 09:34am

The one year I rooted for the AL team....

Go figure.

M&M Guy Thu Oct 30, 2008 09:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 547104)
The one year I rooted for the AL team....

Go figure.

Hey, do me a favor - next year root for the Cardinals, ok?

:D

Adam Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:09am

Won't do you any good. My brother is a huge Cubs fan.

M&M Guy Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:14am

Figures.

Your bother's name isn't Bartman, is it?

Oh, never mind.

Adam Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:17am

I believe his name is Petty Officer.

ChuckElias Wed Nov 19, 2008 08:27am

The thread has died prematurely, with only a passing mention of the World Series; but I obviously could not pass up posting my congrats to Dustin Pedroia!! MVP!!

Pedroia wins AL MVP!!

Toxic Avenger Wed Nov 19, 2008 08:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias (Post 551612)
The thread has died prematurely, with only a passing mention of the World Series; but I obviously could not pass up posting my congrats to Dustin Pedroia!! MVP!!

Pedroia wins AL MVP!!

Shut up.

JugglingReferee Wed Nov 19, 2008 09:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxic Avenger (Post 551614)
Shut up.

Your first and only post so far is to tell one of our most respected and intelligent members to "shut up?"

And you don't even have a silly Chinese shoes website in your sig line.

Edit: I get it now.... you must be a more respected member who just registered under a different, and new, name.

mick Wed Nov 19, 2008 09:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 551616)
Your first and only post so far is to tell one of our most respected and intelligent members to "shut up?"

And you don't even have a silly Chinese shoes website in your sig line.

Edit: I get it now.... you must be a more respected member who just registered under a different, and new, name.

... A long time smirker ?

JugglingReferee Wed Nov 19, 2008 09:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 551618)
... A long time smirker ?

I guess. It's just an odd time to register and post.