The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Warning!! It's Baaaaaack!! Off-topic Baseball Thread '08 !! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/43023-warning-its-baaaaaack-off-topic-baseball-thread-08-a.html)

CoachP Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 542195)
Pitchers, pitchers, pitchers. ;)

They were missing this year, too.

dblref Thu Oct 09, 2008 03:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 541722)
I just said - "how bout them SKINS"!" I didn't say anything about a Superbowl, Division Championship or anything - I remain guarded in my optimism....but as you point out, some in this area are already counting their chickens.....

When do you think we'll see a NATS vs O's VRE/Light Rail Series? :D

I'm 65. I don't think I will ever see this series in my lifetime. Not unless I live to be 150.:rolleyes:

BTW, my son is trying to recruit me to "jump on the skins bandwagon". He believes they will be at Tampa. I told him they probably would be there, but they will be spectators. My loyalty has always been, and always will be with America's Team. Yep, I know what happened 2 weeks ago. Doesn't change my loyalty at all.

mick Thu Oct 09, 2008 03:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dblref (Post 542286)
I'm 65. I don't think I will ever see this series in my lifetime. Not unless I live to be 150.:rolleyes:

BTW, my son is trying to recruit me to "jump on the skins bandwagon". He believes they will be at Tampa. I told him they probably would be there, but they will be spectators. My loyalty has always been, and always will be with America's Team. Yep, I know what happened 2 weeks ago. Doesn't change my loyalty at all.

Good choice. Clinton Portis is having a great year until the injuries start.

Raymond Fri Oct 10, 2008 07:48am

As a Phillies fan I would like to thank Manny "for just being Manny" last night.

mick Sun Oct 12, 2008 01:36pm

Twins @ Tigers...

...2-3 after two at Ford Field.

ChuckElias Sun Oct 12, 2008 03:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 542666)
...2-3 after two at Ford Field.

I saw that score, Mick, and said out loud, "Jeez, that's a baseball score". I come here to post about the Sox and see you had the same thought. :) Did you see the QB run out of the endzone? Did he do it on purpose? I only saw the highlight once, but it looked like he forgot where he was. I can't imagine that, though.

Anyway, the Sox got the split they wanted, although not the mini-sweep that they would've loved. They don't have Lowell for this series and Beckett is just not himself. I don't think he's really healthy after his DL stint in September. He's trying to gut it out, but he just doesn't have it. Lester goes tomorrow, then either Dice-K or Wakefield. (Ortiz is not himself, either, but that goes back to his wrist injury.)

mick Sun Oct 12, 2008 03:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias (Post 542677)
I saw that score, Mick, and said out loud, "Jeez, that's a baseball score". I come here to post about the Sox and see you had the same thought. :) Did you see the QB run out of the endzone? Did he do it on purpose? I only saw the highlight once, but it looked like he forgot where he was. I can't imagine that, though.

Anyway, the Sox got the split they wanted, although not the mini-sweep that they would've loved. They don't have Lowell for this series and Beckett is just not himself. I don't think he's really healthy after his DL stint in September. He's trying to gut it out, but he just doesn't have it. Lester goes tomorrow, then either Dice-K or Wakefield. (Ortiz is not himself, either, but that goes back to his wrist injury.)

Yeah I thought that Orlovsky got lost, but I was lost, too.
I thought they played in Detroit, but Orlovsky and I were in Detroit. :)

Jurassic Referee Sun Oct 12, 2008 03:39pm

Before I leave.....

Screw the BoSox!:D

Nevadaref Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:35pm

I wonder if Chuck went to bed when it was 7-0.

It's now 7-6.

Should be an exciting finish.

tjones1 Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 543647)

It's now 7-6.

I don't know, but lock the thread...lock the thread!!!!

Chuck is surely to find out before too long!!! ;)

Nice comeback, even though I'm rooting for the Rays. :cool:

grunewar Fri Oct 17, 2008 06:19am

Quote:

"It ain't over, until it's over" Wow!

ChuckElias Fri Oct 17, 2008 08:37am

Quote:

Actually I went to bed after the 7th when it was 7-4. I know I'm getting old, but 6 am comes really fast when I stay up to watch the ends of these games. At least I got to see Papi get one good swing during this series.

Biggest postseason comeback in 70 years. Biggest postseason comeback in an elimination game ever!!

I can't honestly say that I'm really all that optimistic about coming all the way back, though. Beckett just hasn't been right since the September injury, and except for the last 3 innings last night, the Sox haven't been able to hit at all. They've only won twice in St. Pete all season, and now they have to win 2 in a row? Doesn't seem real likely, but I'll keep watching, obviously. At least last year, they were coming back to Boston for the last two games.

Francona is 8-1 in Sox postseason elimination games. Last night was the anniversary of the only one he's lost. Aaron $%&#@ Boone!! :mad:

EDIT: Last night was the anniversary of the Aaron Boone game, but I just realized that was '03 -- before Francona's arrival. So now I have to dig a little more to remember the elimination game the Sox lost with Francona as manager. Must have been '06. . .

ChuckElias Fri Oct 17, 2008 09:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias (Post 543688)
So now I have to dig a little more to remember the elimination game the Sox lost with Francona as manager. Must have been '06. . .

It was the '05 ALDS, when they were swept by the White Sox.

Nevadaref Sun Oct 19, 2008 03:20am

Got 11/2 to take the Sox to win the series when they were down 3-1. :D

Game 7 Sunday night!

ChuckElias Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:43pm

Gotta hand it to 'em. Rays beat us up pretty good all season. They had every chance to fold and never did. Congratulations.

A Pedroia home run in the first, and then no more runs. It should've been all over in Game 5. I really thought they were going to get to Garza. :(