The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 13, 2008, 09:51pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dexter
I know that we don't want to look indecisive and we definitely don't want to stick around to observe handshakes , but would any of you stick around on the court, look to your partners for a second or two, then confirm the call and leave?
I was just suggesting a mechanics change. The T that made the call was the old L and likely was running up the court - barely getting to half. I bet that the new L was stationary and only 8 feet from the shooter.
Old Thu Mar 13, 2008, 10:00pm
Official Forum Member

Interesting...

In one instance, videotape righted a wrong in Ohio

It may be too late for Lakota West's girls' basketball team, but there is at least one instance of the Ohio High School Athletic Association overturning a state championship.

In 1986, Greenhills High School was declared Class AA boys' state cross country champion after a parent's videotape showed an OHSAA scoring error.

More:
http://tinyurl.com/36pd26
Old Thu Mar 13, 2008, 10:06pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dexter
I know that we don't want to look indecisive and we definitely don't want to stick around to observe handshakes , but would any of you stick around on the court, look to your partners for a second or two, then confirm the call and leave?
In the State Tournament I might have. Unless we were instructed to do otherwise by the evaluators. At least in my State Tournament, there is plenty of security and having to deal with many people is likely not as possible as a regular season game.

Peace