The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 22, 2008, 10:04am
Official Forum Member

Rule question

I could look it up, but I am betting you guys can beat me to the punch here.

Visitors have a player on the bench, #44 he is not in the book. This is discovered in the 2nd quarter. But he has not enter the game. Nor has he reported to enter. He is just on the bench.

Anything?
Old Fri Feb 22, 2008, 10:09am
Official Forum Member

No. Doesn't become a problem until a point after he reports to enter the game and somebody notices the mistake.

Last edited by ma_ref; Fri Feb 22, 2008 at 10:12am.
Old Fri Feb 22, 2008, 10:13am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan
I could look it up, but I am betting you guys can beat me to the punch here.

Visitors have a player on the bench, #44 he is not in the book. This is discovered in the 2nd quarter. But he has not enter the game. Nor has he reported to enter. He is just on the bench.

Anything?
My question is how is it discovered in the 2nd quarter if the player hasn't moved from the bench.

On a side note, before this season I never had a HS game where we gave a tech for wrong number or player not in book. This season I had 3 games where we T'd for wrong number in the book then last night in a district GV semi-final we had a girl check-in who wasn't in the book at all.
Old Fri Feb 22, 2008, 10:14am
Official Forum Member

That's what I thought. My partner last night had this situation. he gave an administrative "T" for it. ( in a different game )
Old Fri Feb 22, 2008, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Yup, had one in one of my games as well.
Old Fri Feb 22, 2008, 01:16pm
Ch1town

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
On a side note, before this season I never had a HS game where we gave a tech for wrong number or player not in book. This season I had 3 games where we T'd for wrong number in the book then last night in a district GV semi-final we had a girl check-in who wasn't in the book at all.

Same here, I made it through the whole regular season without any uniform infractions until last night.
Tournament played at a neutral site, visitors had road blues & home whites, home only had road blues. So we shot 10 FTs to start the game & stuck each sub who entered.

We eventually charged player techs to all team members in the first half which counted towards their 2 Ts for dq, 5 player fouls & team fouls.

It felt really odd when the infraction happened on entry during foul shots.
Whenever we beckoned between 1st & 2nd FTs we would clear the lane, shoot the last FT, run to the other end & shoot the T.

Was that correct procedure?
Old Fri Feb 22, 2008, 01:24pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1town
Same here, I made it through the whole regular season without any uniform infractions until last night.
Tournament played at a neutral site, visitors had road blues & home whites, home only had road blues. So we shot 10 FTs to start the game & stuck each sub who entered.
WOW, our state makes exceptions to the mandatory "Home/White" rule for neutral site tournaments.
Old Fri Feb 22, 2008, 01:33pm
Ch1town

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
WOW, our state makes exceptions to the mandatory "Home/White" rule for neutral site tournaments.
Really, I hadn't heard anything about exceptions here. The R wanted to pass on it but we had a very knowledgable offended coach who said he wanted it enforced and also had his team change to whites.

So how would you handle officiating navy blue vs navy blue? I'm speaking on reporting purposes.

By rule did we handle it correctly?
Old Fri Feb 22, 2008, 03:15pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1town
Really, I hadn't heard anything about exceptions here. The R wanted to pass on it but we had a very knowledgable offended coach who said he wanted it enforced and also had his team change to whites.

So how would you handle officiating navy blue vs navy blue? I'm speaking on reporting purposes.

By rule did we handle it correctly?
By rule it's a T for each player who participates so based on what you wrote I would say yes.

With similar color jerseys (which I've only had in Rec and Military games) I like to go the color of the numbers. Light red against dark red we designate light red as Gold.