The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 16, 2008, 08:37pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking Inadvertent funny comment from player

As I posted elsewhere on this board, this weekend, among other things, I am working a middle school President's Day Weekend tourney. There are teams here in Portland from all over the western U.S. My second game today (fifth overall including three local rec games this morning) involved a girls team from the Portland area and one whose uniforms read "Hoop Dreams". As we were going out onto the floor at the start, I asked one of the girls where her team was from. She said, "Boise - the one in Idaho".

I guess she didn't want me to confuse it with the Boise in Afghanistan.
Old Sat Feb 16, 2008, 08:51pm
Esteemed Forum Member

O-k-l-a-h-o-m-a !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
As we were going out onto the floor at the start, I asked one of the girls where her team was from. She said, "Boise - the one in Idaho".
Not to be confused with Boise City, the one in Oklahoma.
Old Sat Feb 16, 2008, 10:32pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
As I posted elsewhere on this board, this weekend, among other things, I am working a middle school President's Day Weekend tourney. There are teams here in Portland from all over the western U.S. My second game today (fifth overall including three local rec games this morning) involved a girls team from the Portland area and one whose uniforms read "Hoop Dreams". As we were going out onto the floor at the start, I asked one of the girls where her team was from. She said, "Boise - the one in Idaho".

I guess she didn't want me to confuse it with the Boise in Afghanistan.
Hello!?!?! There is a Boise school in North Portland. Maybe she's already had people ask her if she's from there....
Old Sat Feb 16, 2008, 10:49pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
Hello!?!?! There is a Boise school in North Portland. Maybe she's already had people ask her if she's from there....
Juulie - these games were in Tigard. Do you really think anyone on the west side knows there even are schools on that side of town, let alone what their names are? C'mon, you know Portland better than that.
Old Sat Feb 16, 2008, 11:44pm
Official Forum Member

off topic but on the whole location---- my dad had a telephone operator ask what state is that? After he said Canada. it wasn't one of those guys from India named Wilson. it was an American.
Old Sat Feb 16, 2008, 11:53pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpbreeze
off topic but on the whole location---- my dad had a telephone operator ask what state is that? After he said Canada. it wasn't one of those guys from India named Wilson. it was an American.
With those calls centres in India, you can almost hear the voice data bouncing off the satellites before Apu Nahasapeemapetilon starts to speak again.