The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Inadvertent funny comment from player (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/41979-inadvertent-funny-comment-player.html)

Mark Padgett Sat Feb 16, 2008 08:37pm

Inadvertent funny comment from player

As I posted elsewhere on this board, this weekend, among other things, I am working a middle school President's Day Weekend tourney. There are teams here in Portland from all over the western U.S. My second game today (fifth overall including three local rec games this morning) involved a girls team from the Portland area and one whose uniforms read "Hoop Dreams". As we were going out onto the floor at the start, I asked one of the girls where her team was from. She said, "Boise - the one in Idaho".

I guess she didn't want me to confuse it with the Boise in Afghanistan. :rolleyes:

BillyMac Sat Feb 16, 2008 08:51pm

O-k-l-a-h-o-m-a !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
As we were going out onto the floor at the start, I asked one of the girls where her team was from. She said, "Boise - the one in Idaho".

Not to be confused with Boise City, the one in Oklahoma.

rainmaker Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
As I posted elsewhere on this board, this weekend, among other things, I am working a middle school President's Day Weekend tourney. There are teams here in Portland from all over the western U.S. My second game today (fifth overall including three local rec games this morning) involved a girls team from the Portland area and one whose uniforms read "Hoop Dreams". As we were going out onto the floor at the start, I asked one of the girls where her team was from. She said, "Boise - the one in Idaho".

I guess she didn't want me to confuse it with the Boise in Afghanistan. :rolleyes:

Hello!?!?! There is a Boise school in North Portland. Maybe she's already had people ask her if she's from there....

Mark Padgett Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker
Hello!?!?! There is a Boise school in North Portland. Maybe she's already had people ask her if she's from there....

Juulie - these games were in Tigard. Do you really think anyone on the west side knows there even are schools on that side of town, let alone what their names are? C'mon, you know Portland better than that. :rolleyes:

lpbreeze Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:44pm

off topic but on the whole location---- my dad had a telephone operator ask what state is that? After he said Canada. it wasn't one of those guys from India named Wilson. it was an American.

JugglingReferee Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpbreeze
off topic but on the whole location---- my dad had a telephone operator ask what state is that? After he said Canada. it wasn't one of those guys from India named Wilson. it was an American.

With those calls centres in India, you can almost hear the voice data bouncing off the satellites before Apu Nahasapeemapetilon starts to speak again. :(