The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 14, 2008, 10:29pm
Esteemed Forum Member

We Are The World ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30
Let me say the I feel all African Americans are decent.
I got news for everybody. All Americans, of all colors, are African Americans. In fact every Homo Sapien on Earth is of African descent. The oldest human fossils on Earth come from what is now known as the rift region of eastern Africa, centered around what is now known as Kenya.

Even more astonding, every single human on Earth has descended from one female, that lived around 150-250 thousand years ago. Unlike the regular DNA in our body cells that comes from both of our parents, mitochondrial DNA only comes from the mother. By studing mitochondrial DNA, scientists have determined that all humans have decended from a one female that lived in what is now Africa hundreds of thousands of years ago.
Old Thu Feb 14, 2008, 11:00pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac
I got news for everybody. All Americans, of all colors, are African Americans. In fact every Homo Sapien on Earth is of African descent. The oldest human fossils on Earth come from what is now known as the rift region of eastern Africa, centered around what is now known as Kenya.

Even more astonding, every single human on Earth has descended from one female, that lived around 150-250 thousand years ago. Unlike the regular DNA in our body cells that comes from both of our parents, mitochondrial DNA only comes from the mother. By studing mitochondrial DNA, scientists have determined that all humans have decended from a one female that lived in what is now Africa hundreds of thousands of years ago.
So we're all black then? What's the big deal then if a black person becomes President?
Old Thu Feb 14, 2008, 11:06pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Unlike the regular DNA in our body cells that comes from both of our parents, mitochondrial DNA only comes from the mother. By studing mitochondrial DNA, scientists have determined that all humans have decended from a one female that lived in what is now Africa hundreds of thousands of years ago.
References?!?!? Please?!?!?
Old Thu Feb 14, 2008, 11:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Then we agree that this is a clear case of gender discrimination and could possibly be prosecuted under the existing laws, regardless of what money flows where.
No, we do not. I simply asked questions that you refused to answer.

If I choose, I can open a golf course and country club, choose not to allow women to join and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it. I can choose not to hire any Italians to work at my club strictly because they're Italian and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it. I can choose to only hire big breeated women as waitresses and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it.

She's an independent contractor. The school has not broken any laws by refusing to hire her.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Thu Feb 14, 2008, 11:08pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Please Don't Put Words In My Mouth ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
So we're all black then? What's the big deal then if a black person becomes President?
I never said that. Fossils of prehistoric humans usually consist of fossilized hard material, teeth, bones, etc., not softer tissue like muscle, internal organs, or skin.

However, some scientists believe that humans that live in equatorial areas, now, or in prehistory, that get a lot of sunlight, evolve darker skin pigments to decrease the chance of getting skin cancer. As humans migrated out of Africa, into northern climates, that received lesser amounts of sunlight, they may have evolved lighter skin coloration, to best absorb sunlight, as a way of providing the body with Vitamin D, which is produced by the skin when the skin is exposed to sunlight.
Old Thu Feb 14, 2008, 11:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
I'm not really sure how this all got compared to the KKK (but I'm thinking our buddy who's going straight to hell might have had something to do with that), but since the comparison was made...the KKK, as a PRIVATE group can deny membership and employment based on racial, gender, religious, sexual-orientation, etc. basis - if they choose to. This school, as a PRIVATE group, can do the same. The fact that this does not fit your worldview (or mine for that matter) doesn't change those facts - and denying that private group the ability to do so would be every bit as wrong as you are saying the school was.

Editorial note: I disagree strenously with what the school did, but (as I said in an earlier post) in the rush to defend "diversity",we often trample all over other people's diverse views that don't fit our defintions of what is acceptable diversity.

IOW...word.
Exactly.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Thu Feb 14, 2008, 11:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
I got an idea.

Write an article about it.
That's a great idea. I look forward to reading it.
Old Thu Feb 14, 2008, 11:20pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
I never said that. Fossils of prehistoric humans usually consist of fossilized hard material, teeth, bones, etc., not softer tissue like muscle, internal organs, or skin.

However, some scientists believe that humans that live in equatorial areas, now, or in prehistory, that get a lot of sunlight, evolve darker skin pigments to decrease the chance of getting skin cancer. As humans migrated out of Africa, into northern climates, that received lesser amounts of sunlight, they may have evolved lighter skin coloration, to best absorb sunlight, as a way of providing the body with Vitamin D, which is produced by the skin when the skin is exposed to sunlight.
Lah me.... I will go back and put a smiley on my post.

Do you EVER know a non-serious post when you see it?

Edit: went back to look and there was already an icon. And you didn't quote it! Talk about putting words into someone's mouth. How about you not taking words away!

Last edited by JugglingReferee; Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 11:26pm.
Old Thu Feb 14, 2008, 11:23pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Reference ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
References?!?!? Please?!?!?
http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/ingman.html
Old Thu Feb 14, 2008, 11:26pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Touche ...

Quote:
Went back to look and there was already an icon. And you didn't quote it! Talk about putting words into someone's mouth. How about you not taking words away!
Sorry. My intent was to simply shorten, and simplify, the quote.
Old Fri Feb 15, 2008, 12:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatter
http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/487355.html

Kooks. Does this happen often? Or just in my home state?

My mother would have a ball telling that AD off.
My husband wonders how they let the nuns teach in Catholic schools all these years.

Rita
Old Fri Feb 15, 2008, 05:29am
In Memoriam

Quote:
What's the big deal then if a black person becomes President?
That ain't a big deal.

But a wimmen?.......
Old Fri Feb 15, 2008, 05:31am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Even more astonding, every single human on Earth has descended from one female, that lived around 150-250 thousand years ago.

By studing mitochondrial DNA, scientists have determined that all humans have decended from a one female that lived in what is now Africa hundreds of thousands of years ago.
Mom always liked you best.
Old Fri Feb 15, 2008, 08:52am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
As I suspected, your statement is a gross over-simplification of a very rudimentary summary of a quite complicated theory that is just beginning to be posited. Not the sort of thing that should be quoted as established fact.
Old Fri Feb 15, 2008, 08:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita C
My husband wonders how they let the nuns teach in Catholic schools all these years.

Rita

They were really cross dressing priests??...

Coach.. I dont care if you coached in the ncaa.. this is a 7th grade girls traveling team.