The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 09, 2008, 01:35pm
Huck Finn

BZ, those shoes you are talking about are Air Max shoes and not Air Max 360. Google Nike Solas and see what you get. For running, there have been Air Max 360s and Air Max 360 IIs - they also have a Air Max 95 hybrid. Why is that? Because they have had two Air Max 360 shoes. Air Max has been out for quite some time while 360s were introduced in 2006. Look at the following articles:

http://www.nicekicks.com/nike-air-max/nike-air-max-360/
http://newsblaze.com/story/200601181.../topstory.html

Also look at this Wiki which has more information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nike_Air_Max

Basically, the Solas and TLs are Air Max or Total Air.
Old Sat Feb 09, 2008, 01:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
BZ, those shoes you are talking about are Air Max shoes and not Air Max 360. Google Nike Solas and see what you get. For running, there have been Air Max 360s and Air Max 360 IIs - they also have a Air Max 95 hybrid. Why is that? Because they have had two Air Max 360 shoes. Air Max has been out for quite some time while 360s were introduced in 2006. Look at the following articles:

http://www.nicekicks.com/nike-air-max/nike-air-max-360/
http://newsblaze.com/story/200601181.../topstory.html

Also look at this Wiki which has more information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nike_Air_Max

Basically, the Solas and TLs are Air Max or Total Air.
It's called evolution...Air Max went from closed soles, to visable air in the heal, to visable air in the ball and heal, to sole to heal visable air, to the current 360s.

The Solas are air heal to toe, just like the 360s, shoes with only the visable air in the heal are 180s.
Old Sat Feb 09, 2008, 03:52pm
Esteemed Forum Member

[img] [/img]

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Feb 09, 2008 at 06:44pm.
Old Sat Feb 09, 2008, 03:53pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Computer Illiterate ???

I tried, but I can't do it.

How do ou post an actual image, not an image link, on the Forum ???
Old Sat Feb 09, 2008, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac
I tried, but I can't do it.

How do ou post an actual image, not an image link, on the Forum ???
It looks like you managed it just above. But surround the link with "[img]" and "[/img]" tags (minus the quotes)
Old Sat Feb 09, 2008, 06:19pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindzebra
It's called evolution...Air Max went from closed soles, to visable air in the heal, to visable air in the ball and heal, to sole to heal visable air, to the current 360s.

The Solas are air heal to toe, just like the 360s, shoes with only the visable air in the heal are 180s.
I'm really not sure what evolution has to do with two different technologies and product lines. Your thinking is that two product lines are the same with the same technology. I provided you links that clearly show the two are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindzebra
The Solas and TL are 360 air too, but more uniform.
The Solas are air heal to toe, but they are not 360s. All Air Max shoes do not have Air Max throughout the entire shoes thus the term "Total Air." Similarly, Air Max 180s do not have the same sole as Air Max 360s; if they did there would be no reason to have the two names. Additionally, it isn't just a matter of what you can see. There is also Zoom Air to consider which has a totally different feel. I don't even think you realize what 360s are.

"Air Max 360 features a full-length Air-Sole unit that has no foam, just pure Nike Air cushioning to provide the softest, smoothest, and most durable experience created in an Air Max shoe to date. Runners will be able to run directly on Nike Air for the first time when the shoe hits retail stores Saturday, January 21..."

360s are also considerably lighter than other Nikes which you should know since you own the Solas - I've owned these too - and TLs. When all else fails, Total Air (Max) and Air Max 360 soles look different.

Do you still think the Solas are 360s or do we need Phil Knight to settle this?
Old Sat Feb 09, 2008, 06:51pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Please Help ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle
It looks like you managed it just above. But surround the link with "[img]" and "[/img]" tags (minus the quotes)
Thanks, but I still can't do it. I feel like a real idiot. When I use the "Insert Image" icon, the gray mountains, with the yellow background, the [IMG] and [/IMG] tags are automatically added, but all I get is a link on my post, not a real image. What am I doing wrong?

Old Wed Feb 13, 2008, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

The shoe deal has really evolved over the past few years. When I started high school ball about 13 years ago, everyone wore Converse Run 'n Refs. Personally, I thought they killed my feet, but other guys really liked them.

I switched over to the Nike Lowpost - or whatever it's called - that Honigs sold. Air in the heal, leather shoe. I've really liked them, but they are beginning to come apart, so I am in the market for a new pair for next season.

My son plays D3 basketball. I have seen every kind of shoe imaginable the past two seasons at that level. Air & no air. Suede, mesh, all leather, or combinations. Big white swooshes, small swooshes, white NB logos, etc. Seems to me like the college guys have figured out to go to the most comfortable shoe they can find.

At this point, I think I will go with the 360. It's a good looking shoe, the only drawback is that I'll have to order it online.
Old Wed Feb 13, 2008, 02:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac
Thanks, but I still can't do it. I feel like a real idiot. When I use the "Insert Image" icon, the gray mountains, with the yellow background, the [IMG] and [/IMG] tags are automatically added, but all I get is a link on my post, not a real image. What am I doing wrong?

Yer just messin' wit me, aren'tcha?
Old Wed Feb 13, 2008, 07:40pm
Esteemed Forum Member

I'm Sooooo Confused ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle
Yer just messin' wit me, aren'tcha?
Maybe I'm not making myself clear. Up until a few weeks ago, I thought that the only way to post a photo on the Forum was to post the link to the photo, Forum members would click on the link, and only then would see the actual photo.

A few weeks ago, I believe it was also a thread about shoes, I noted that an actual photo, like Blindzebra's above, appeared in a post, not the link to the photo, but the actual photo. How did Blindzebra accomplish this, and if it's so easy to do, why are almost all Forum members still posting links to photos, instead of the actual photos?

Also, I don't remember the thread or post, but it contained a link to a funny photo of a referee sign at a room door, with the Braille version under it. I believe that the poster actually took the digital photo himself. How does one post a link to a photo, or an actual photo, taken by the poster?

I haven't been this confused since taking high school calculus. Since I was a senior, my compassionate teacher gave me a "gift" D for the year.