The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 25, 2008, 01:14pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins
If it's obvious that they won't touch it, blow the whistle, explain the consequences of 5-4-1 and readminister the throw-in.
Thanks, Bob.
Old Fri Jan 25, 2008, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpneck
This team has committed 5 fouls in the second half and had ALL of their players foul out of the game?

Link to media account of the story, please?
smells like a fish -- unless they only had 5 players to begin with and all 3 fouled out in the first half.

also it would conceivably end if the team with 5 hits all 3 free throws -- B cannot inbounds the ball.

but in this stitch i gotta give b their last 6 seconds especially since they are winning.
Old Fri Jan 25, 2008, 01:21pm
In Memoriam

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pennsylvania Coach
Granted. But the fact that the OP hasn't provided a link to an article confirms my doubt of this story.
C'mon...! ...A link ? There may not be a local paper, no less a local paper with a web site.
Old Fri Jan 25, 2008, 01:38pm
Official Forum Member

Do you actually think I would create a situation like this for the He!! of it? Give me a break. I don't know how many fouls were called in the 1st Half. I wasn't present in the first half. I just told you the situation from the second half until the end. One would think you could not have this occur at the varsity level until you actually witness yourself. I did!!
Old Fri Jan 25, 2008, 01:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
smells like a fish -- unless they only had 5 players to begin with and all 3 fouled out in the first half.
All the players could have picked up 4 in the first half only to get their 5th in the 2nd.
Quote:
also it would conceivably end if the team with 5 hits all 3 free throws -- B cannot inbounds the ball.

but in this stitch i gotta give b their last 6 seconds especially since they are winning.
Why can't B inbound the ball? All it has to do is touch some player, not necessarily a teammate. They only need to throw it to a player on the other team. If the other team can't score, the team with 1 player wins.

I agree that this situation is not likely, but it is plausable.

If this were to ever happen to me, I'm not calling the game until the team with 1 player is down by a couple baskets.
Old Fri Jan 25, 2008, 01:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truerookie
Do you actually think I would create a situation like this for the He!! of it? Give me a break. I don't know how many fouls were called in the 1st Half. I wasn't present in the first half. I just told you the situation from the second half until the end. One would think you could not have this occur at the varsity level until you actually witness yourself. I did!!
....sniff...sniff...
Richland, WA
Old Fri Jan 25, 2008, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

It's not B who is winning it's A. Team B down three at the time.
Old Fri Jan 25, 2008, 01:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
It's not B who is winning it's A. Team B down three at the time.
The OP says Team A is up by 3 and has 1 player....
Old Fri Jan 25, 2008, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
What are the names of the schools, in what city and on what date was the game played?
Old Sat Jan 26, 2008, 05:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust
If this were to ever happen to me, I'm not calling the game until the team with 1 player is down by a couple baskets.

Give them a reasonable chance. Don't end it when it is tied or only a one-point game.
Old Sat Jan 26, 2008, 11:25am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to crazy voyager
They must have called a LOT of fouls:O
how ever, if a team only has one player left then that team loses the game.
21 Lose by default
21.1 Rule
A team shall lose a game by default if, during the game, the team has fewer than two (2) players on the playing court ready to play.
21.2 Penalty
21.2.1 If the team to wich the game is awarded is ahed, the score shall stand as at the time when the game was stopped. If the team to wich the game is awarded is not ahead, the score shall be recorded as two to zero (2 to 0) in its favour. The defaulting team shall recive one (1) point in the classification.
21.2.2 For a two-game (home and away) total point series, the team that defaults in the first or in the second game shall lose the series by 'default'.

So they made it right, if they only have one player left, they lose. No matter how little time it is left.