The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 14, 2008, 07:23am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimlet25id
So if there isn't a case play that says we can allow a single player to play with a different color then his teammates then we have to enforce 3-4-6a as it is written.
See case book play 3.3.6SitA(b). Another one of your arguments goes down the ol' dumper.
Old Mon Jan 14, 2008, 09:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
See case book play 3.3.6SitA(b). Another one of your arguments goes down the ol' dumper.
That case play is if there is blood on the jersey, which reads as if that is an exception.

I can see your point here. I'm just to damn hardheaded at times and want to be sure by rule that we could do this. Besides the by product of these debates is improved rule knowledge.

We had a discussion like this few years ago around my way. A player can wear pants for religious reasons does that players pants have to be the same color or could they play with a different color under penalty?

JR I'm inclined to say that this argument of mine is on its way down the "ol' dumper." I haven't given it up yet. I sent a email to our State authority to get their input. I understand what Rainmaker is saying in regards to intent if the player was bleeding and didn't have any other jersey to put on.

If the player or team just by mis management brings one wrong colored uniform it seems thats on them.

BTW...JR if this one goes down the "ol' dumper" This would just be one argument. If anything our last debate is undecided!!!!
Old Mon Jan 14, 2008, 10:23am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimlet25id
We had a discussion like this few years ago around my way. A player can wear pants for religious reasons does that players pants have to be the same color or could they play with a different color under penalty?
There is no rule extant that says that ANY player's pants have to match in color. There also never has been a rule in place that I know of that has stated that player's shorts/pants must match in color. Every player on a team can legally wear different colored game pants, if they choose to do so.

There is NO penalty for wearing different colored game pants for the simple reason that wearing different-colored game pants is legal and always has been legal.
Old Mon Jan 14, 2008, 03:31pm
Official Forum Member

Well JR this one is down the "ol dumper." Got the following reply back from the IHSAA.

The player with the red jersey is wearing an illegal uniform and must be assessed with a technical if and when she enters the game.

The player should only be allowed to wear the jersey if it does not present a confusing situation. If it could cause lots of confusion then the ruling would be to deny the player the opportunity to enter because the uniform is illegal and causes a conflict with the jerseys of the opponents.

I stand corrected!!!