The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 11, 2008, 12:26am
M.A.S.H.

Things went pretty good tonight. I arrived at my game about 15 minutes earlier than I usually would. I was able to track down the trainer and ask her if she would tape my ankle..."no problem," she said.

I was scheduled to work a JV/V girls game. The JV game went fine and I had no problems. About 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter of the V game, I started to feel a little pain. I remember thinking "oh boy...I hope this doesn't last" -- it didn't.

Although I was extremely careful throughout the night. I was glad I had it taped, just in case.

Back at it tomorrow evening!
Old Fri Jan 11, 2008, 12:42am
Do not give a damn!!

I am glad you are feeling better. Take care of yourself so you do not re-injure your ankle.

Peace
Old Fri Jan 11, 2008, 12:43am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTaylor
Orthopod turned me on to that trick a few years back - I take an 800mg ibuprofen 2-3 hours before game start time & that usually does the trick.
1000 for me. I take 5 of the over the counter ones before I leave and it holds up. My dislocated kneecap has healed slowly, but I'm finally feeling about 100%.
Old Fri Jan 11, 2008, 01:26am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1
Things went pretty good tonight. I arrived at my game about 15 minutes earlier than I usually would. I was able to track down the trainer and ask her if she would tape my ankle..."no problem," she said.

I was scheduled to work a JV/V girls game. The JV game went fine and I had no problems. About 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter of the V game, I started to feel a little pain. I remember thinking "oh boy...I hope this doesn't last" -- it didn't.

Although I was extremely careful throughout the night. I was glad I had it taped, just in case.

Back at it tomorrow evening!
Like Jeff said, I'm glad you did well. I hope you took the tape off after the game, re-iced, re-elevated, and then re-compress for the night. Get it taped again before your game tomorrow. Gee, do I sound like a mother?!?
Old Sat Jan 12, 2008, 02:50pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Thanks

Thanks to those Forum members who kindly shared information about the various types of anti-inflamatory, and pain-relief drugs.

After fifty-four years of playing sports, running, bicycling, and officiating, I'm very fortuate to have avoided major sports injuries, however, a few years ago, I noticed that I was often "sore" getting out of bed the morning after officiating the night before. So, I started keeping aspirin in my bag, and take two before each game (no stomach problems). I'm not as "sore" the next day, and although I don't have a cholesterol problem, I also like the fact that the aspirin has some anticoagulative properties.