Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 09, 2008, 12:58pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins
About 50 minutes (although I edited it instead of deleting it). Sorry that I wasn't here sooner.

Now knock it the **** off.
Darn, I missed it...
Old Wed Jan 09, 2008, 12:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle
No, but if you want to be a good official, you need to be aware of what is occurring during the game and work together with your partners to maintain its integrity. When crews miss big calls, it hurts all the officials, the coaches, and the players. I understand and accept that everybody misses calls. It's part of the game. No need to run and hide from it. It makes coaches and players respect you more, and makes the game better.
I agree. By all means, if I kick a mugging, please somebody on my crew come get it. And that's exactly what I pregame. If you come into somebody's area, please let it be a mugging; and let's not miss any muggings tonight.
Old Wed Jan 09, 2008, 08:22pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
I hope not. I hope that you speak better than that.
They are you he thought they are!!!
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 05:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
They are you he thought they are!!!

Last edited by Nevadaref; Thu Jan 10, 2008 at 05:49am.
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 05:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins
About 50 minutes (although I edited it instead of deleting it). Sorry that I wasn't here sooner.

Now knock it the **** off.
So you are saying that it is no longer acceptable to correct the grammar or spelling used in a post made by someone else?
Since when did that become a rule of this forum?

I have no history with the particular poster that I quoted that time, and there is no reason to think that a problem would occur, yet you edited out the grammar correction anyway.

I truly don't understand why.

If you are going to claim that the post didn't add materially to the discussion in the thread, that's fine, but then I suggest that you spend a few hours combing the posting history of Mark Padgett and wear out your delete button. I'm only asking that you treat my posts the same way that you treat those of everyone else. Right now you aren't doing that, instead you are singling out my posts for deletion while leaving those of others who post nonsense (Padgett) or spelling or grammar corrections (rainmaker) unedited. IMO that's unprofessional.
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 07:16am
In Memoriam

Quote:
So you are saying that it is no longer acceptable to correct the grammar or spelling used in a post made by someone else?

I have no history with the particular poster that I quoted that time, and there is no reason to think that a problem would occur, yet you edited out the grammar correction anyway.

I truly don't understand why.

If you are going to claim that the post didn't add materially to the discussion in the thread, that's fine, but then I suggest that you spend a few hours combing the posting history of Mark Padgett and wear out your delete button. I'm only asking that you treat my posts the same way that you treat those of everyone else. Right now you aren't doing that, instead you are singling out my posts for deletion while leaving those of others who post nonsense (Padgett) or spelling or grammar corrections (rainmaker) unedited. IMO that's unprofessional.
Please stop.
mick
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Please stop.
That's exactly what I want from Bob.
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 09:38am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
That's exactly what I want from Bob.
Someone doesn't have their his "listening ears" on.

BTW, I suspect Bob will, when you do.
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
Now that's funny.
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1

BTW, I suspect Bob will, when you do.
You were smart to use the word "listening" versus "rabbit"...lol
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 12:55pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:

Geeze I sure hope that's what he's saying.
Old Sat Jan 12, 2008, 02:28pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Down The Middle ....

Quote:
I'm a pretty good speller, and when I'm not, I use a well worn dictionery. I'm not a very good typist. Whenever a make a post on this Forum, I'm always afraid that one of the Forum spellcheckers, or grammar checkers, will catch me in the act of "poor spelling", or "poor grammar", and make me look foolish. For this reason, I wish those spellcheckers, and grammar checkers, would stop.

I'm old, and I'm old-fashioned. I don't like it when posters use shortcuts, like those my children use when they email me; numbers for letters (4 for for), all small letters, no punctiation, acronyms (LOL), etc. For this reason, I would like the Forum spellcheckers, and grammar checkers, to keep up the good work.

As my best friend says, "Down the middle lies the virtue".
Old Sat Jan 12, 2008, 03:16pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac
I'm a pretty good speller, and when I'm not, I use a well worn dictionery. I'm not a very good typist. Whenever a make a post on this Forum, I'm always afraid that one of the Forum spellcheckers, or grammar checkers, will catch me in the act of "poor spelling", or "poor grammar", and make me look foolish.
Tsk, tsk, tsk.....

Go to your room.