The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Keeping your shirt tucked in... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/40842-keeping-your-shirt-tucked.html)

KingTripleJump Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:22pm

Keeping your shirt tucked in...
 
My shirt is always coming out in some way, shape, form, or fashion. I have it tucked in tight and I ever where that wrap-around loop belt thing which begins to smell after a while. That still really doesn't work. My friends say I look like Steve Welmer every time down the court. (Wish I had his schedule...)

Does anyone have any other ideas to help keep your shirt tucked in?


:mad:

:D

jdw3018 Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingTripleJump
Does anyone have any other ideas to help keep your shirt tucked in?

Duct tape
Super glue
Chip Clips
Velcro
Stirrups
Magnets

Actually, I've had a lot of success with the black flex belt with rubber on one side. Also, do your pants fit?

Scrapper1 Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:31pm

I've never tried it, but I occasionally work with a guy who uses garters. They're long pieces of elastic with clips on each end. He clips one end to his shirt and the other end to his sock.

ca_rumperee Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:38pm

I suppose you could use short garters...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1
I've never tried it, but I occasionally work with a guy who uses garters. They're long pieces of elastic with clips on each end. He clips one end to his shirt and the other end to his sock.

and go 'commando' back of shirt to front! :eek: :eek: :eek:

eyezen Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:39pm

I tuck my shirt in my under armour and use light duty carpet tape on the inside waistband of my pants.

JRutledge Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:39pm

If you are wearing compression pants or shorts, tuck your shirt into that. You have to make sure that your shirt is straight in your compression shirt or pants, it just might stay. I wear only the compression pants from UnderArmor and they have a tie on them. I tuck in my shirt, tie the string tight and they stay. I tried those gimmicky flex belts and those just do not work very well. I did not like them and went back to tucking my shirt in my UnderArmor pants and my shirt stays in very well. I do not even have to adjust my shirt after half-time.

Peace

chartrusepengui Mon Jan 07, 2008 01:03pm

try buying shirts with a little extra length - seems to help.

rainmaker Mon Jan 07, 2008 01:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chartrusepengui
try buying shirts with a little extra length - seems to help.

Yup, most manufacturers carry every shirt with extra length. I'm quite tall and long-waisted and I really need the extra length.

blindzebra Mon Jan 07, 2008 01:43pm

Losing or gaining weight might help.

The guys that tend to have the most problem with this have either too much belly and too small pants or too little belly and too big pants.

You wear stuff that fits and things will stay in.

fullor30 Mon Jan 07, 2008 02:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker
Yup, most manufacturers carry every shirt with extra length. I'm quite tall and long-waisted and I really need the extra length.


Victoria Secrets catalog?

rainmaker Mon Jan 07, 2008 02:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30
Victoria Secrets catalog?

???:mad:

grunewar Mon Jan 07, 2008 02:11pm

I used to use the "tuck the shirt into the under-drawers" method, but am now getting used to the Flex Belt - which is ok. As has been alluded to, I bought pants a little large for me (c'mon, no belt?).....allowing for later expansion of my waste line...ARGH! :eek: So far, I've been successfully fighting off the growth of my midsection pretty well!

fullor30 Mon Jan 07, 2008 02:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindzebra
Losing or gaining weight might help.

The guys that tend to have the most problem with this have either too much belly and too small pants or too little belly and too big pants.

You wear stuff that fits and things will stay in.


Agreed, I see so many guys trying to stuff ten pounds in a five pound bag.

There seems to be a perception that the tighter the pants the slimmer you look, when in reality, the opposite is true.

I've never remotely come close to having my shirt come out.

I'm 6'0, 175 on the skinny side, but always have shirts and pants that fit.

As we all know, the minute you walk on the court, you're getting 'sized up'

Jurassic Referee Mon Jan 07, 2008 02:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1
I've never tried it, but I occasionally work with a guy who uses garters. They're long pieces of elastic with clips on each end. He clips one end to his shirt and the other end to his <font color = red>sock</font>.

Typo?

fullor30 Mon Jan 07, 2008 02:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Typo?


HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1