The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Keeping your shirt tucked in... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/40842-keeping-your-shirt-tucked.html)

KingTripleJump Mon Jan 07, 2008 03:20pm

Hmm, my pants fit fine. They aren't loose in the waist.

A co-official recommended those suspender type things. They seem like they'd get annoying though. And that flex-belt always creeps up and starts to show on the outside of my pants...or am I not wearing it right?

I have a 6-pack so I have no belly to "help keep the shirt in place."

:D

Ref_in_Alberta Mon Jan 07, 2008 03:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingTripleJump
My shirt is always coming out in some way, shape, form, or fashion. I have it tucked in tight and I ever where that wrap-around loop belt thing which begins to smell after a while. That still really doesn't work. My friends say I look like Steve Welmer every time down the court. (Wish I had his schedule...)

Does anyone have any other ideas to help keep your shirt tucked in?

:mad:

I use the flex belt I got from honig's. I really like it for 2 reasons...

1. It keeps my shirt tucked in
2. Later in the season after all the pounds I've lost from working games, it keeps my pants up... :D

blindzebra Mon Jan 07, 2008 03:30pm

Quote:

A co-official recommended those suspender type things. They seem like they'd get annoying though. And that flex-belt always creeps up and starts to show on the outside of my pants...or am I not wearing it right?

You wear it with the nubby part away from your body...that holds your pants in place.

Six pack or pony keg?;)

jdw3018 Mon Jan 07, 2008 03:32pm

Quote:

And that flex-belt always creeps up and starts to show on the outside of my pants...or am I not wearing it right?

I've got at least a 12-pack myself, but I'm working on it. ;)

As for the flex belt, it only works for me with my sansabelts (I also have a pair of pants from Honigs), because they have a "groove" on the bottom of the wasteband that I can fit the belt into - it does the dual job of holding my pants up (they are a hair big now that I've lost weight) and keeping my shirt in.

I have the same problem as you, though (creeping up) in my other pair of pants. They're tighter so I don't have any problem with them otherwise, but I can't wear the belt with them.

Ron Pilo Mon Jan 07, 2008 03:36pm

I have worked with a guy who had his wife sew a piece of old shirt from the bottom back and then connects like a babies onezie in front with snaps...work great for him. However I suspect he gooses himself everytime he has a call.....;)

gordon30307 Mon Jan 07, 2008 03:39pm

Quote:

I have a case. Flex belt works good for me.:rolleyes:

fullor30 Mon Jan 07, 2008 03:43pm

Quote:

So why would your shirt hang out?

You're not wearing hip-hop low rider pants.

Mark Padgett Mon Jan 07, 2008 03:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdw3018
Duct tape
Super glue
Chip Clips
Velcro
Stirrups
Magnets

You forgot Staple Gun. :p

DonInKansas Mon Jan 07, 2008 03:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
You forgot Staple Gun. :p

Or a nail gun! They use it for everything on them home improvement shows.......:p

refnrev Mon Jan 07, 2008 04:11pm

Just get the tall size shirts. If you're only 6'0 you shouldn't have any problems with these coming out. I never do.

Overnbach Mon Jan 07, 2008 05:24pm

Lace

Sew some nice, dainty lace onto the hem of your shirt. You will be sure to keep it tucked, always.

tomegun Mon Jan 07, 2008 05:30pm

The "suspender" things and the garters are the same. They connect to your shirt and then either your socks or there is a kind that loops around your foot. If placed correctly, they work and will not bother you. You will never worry about your shirt coming out of your pants.

Mark Padgett Mon Jan 07, 2008 05:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1
He clips one end to his shirt and the other end to his sock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Typo?

Best quote of the year so far. :D

ref2coach Mon Jan 07, 2008 06:05pm

http://www.shirtgartersinc.com/

They work well.

ChrisSportsFan Mon Jan 07, 2008 06:11pm

Quote:

So do I but I never thought to carry it on the court with me. Does it work?