The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Keeping your shirt tucked in... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/40842-keeping-your-shirt-tucked.html)

kbilla Mon Jan 07, 2008 06:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Pilo
I have worked with a guy who had his wife sew a piece of old shirt from the bottom back and then connects like a babies onezie in front with snaps...work great for him. However I suspect he gooses himself everytime he has a call.....;)

This is just bizarre:p

fullor30 Mon Jan 07, 2008 06:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ref2coach

I can imagine strapping these on with new partners looking on.

ref2coach Mon Jan 07, 2008 06:19pm

It is a conversation starter. LOL

tomegun Mon Jan 07, 2008 06:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30
I can imagine strapping these on with new partners looking on.

It isn't that big of a deal.

jsblanton Mon Jan 07, 2008 06:24pm

Originally Posted by jdw3018
Duct tape
Super glue
Chip Clips
Velcro
Stirrups
Magnets

How about liquid nails:D

26 Year Gap Mon Jan 07, 2008 09:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Pilo
I have worked with a guy who had his wife sew a piece of old shirt from the bottom back and then connects like a babies onezie in front with snaps...work great for him. However I suspect he gooses himself everytime he has a call.....;)

http://assets.espn.go.com/winnercomm...on_goosed1.jpg

fullor30 Mon Jan 07, 2008 09:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomegun
It isn't that big of a deal.

As Seinfeld said " Not that it's a bad thing"

MCJB Ump Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
If you are wearing compression pants or shorts, tuck your shirt into that. You have to make sure that your shirt is straight in your compression shirt or pants, it just might stay. have to adjust my shirt after half-time.

That's what I do, as well as wearing an UnderArmour sleeveless compression shirt. Stays in the whole game.

HawkeyeCubP Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingTripleJump
My shirt is always coming out in some way, shape, form, or fashion. I have it tucked in tight and I ever where that wrap-around loop belt thing which begins to smell after a while. That still really doesn't work. My friends say I look like Steve Welmer every time down the court. (Wish I had his schedule...)

Does anyone have any other ideas to help keep your shirt tucked in?

:mad:

:D

As some have suggested, tucking both of my shirts into my compression shorts helps. I'm a pretty fit guy too, so I have to buy one size shirt to adequately fit the top half of my top half (shoulders and chest), but this leaves a lot of shirt fabric in the midsection/lower back. I've found that, since I had all of my shirts tailored (taken in down the side seams - including the side-panel shirts), there is essentially no bunched-up fabric to come out any more, so they never come out anymore - at all, really. And my pants, at the waist, are extremely snug as well.

Back In The Saddle Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:48am

I got new pants this year and have had the same trouble. Spent my first game doing the Welmer. Had the pants taken in and that worked for a week or two, until I lost some weight. Then I got out the flex belt, and that worked pretty well. But then I lost more weight, and now I have to wear the flex belt to keep my pants up. Probably time to get them taken in again.

Lopers27 Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:54am

Interesting Velcro Set-up

I was working w/ a new partner last week and noticed that he had a couple patches of velcro sewn on the very bottom of his shirt in the front, and then the matching patches in the front of his pants.

Not sure if it worked well or not, but his shirt was always tucked in.

Myself I either tuck into my UnderArmor or just in my pants and don't seem to have a problem.

blindofficial Tue Jan 08, 2008 06:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1
I've never tried it, but I occasionally work with a guy who uses garters. They're long pieces of elastic with clips on each end. He clips one end to his shirt and the other end to his sock.

Garters! Ouch! I wore those in the military and there were a few times where I "felt" a snap! No way would I ever wear garters! I recommend the rubber belt (I forget what it's called). I had the same problem with my shirt coming untucked, but with this belt, it stays tucked in.

dblref Tue Jan 08, 2008 03:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker
Yup, most manufacturers carry every shirt with extra length. I'm quite tall and long-waisted and I really need the extra length.

Seriously??? I just never pictured you as "non-vertically challenged". BTW, I'm 6'5", and I always buy the extra length shirts.