The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 27, 2007, 09:52pm
Official Forum Member

"Double tip" BC Violation

Have not seen this all year, and now I have it in back to back games....again today with the "double tip" where A1 in her FC has per pass deflected back at her by B1. A1 then tips the ball before it goes into the BC....A1 recovers and I have a BC violation...again the coach jumps off the bench (they really don't get this)...at least today i didn't have the partner who said he would have "passed" on it...
Old Thu Dec 27, 2007, 10:08pm
Official Forum Member

I've had it once this year...with an added element:

A1 makes an unsuccessful try from the baseline. Following is a scrum for the rebound with a loose ball batted around on the ground between players. A2 grabs the ball sitting on the court, attempts to pass to A3 beyond the top of the key. B1 tips the pass, which is subsequently tipped by A4, the ball then goes into the backcourt where A3 tracks it down. I called backcourt.

To the coach's credit (I was right in front of him at the time), he asked and then fully accepted the explanation. Seemed he knew the rule, which is rare indeed...
Old Thu Dec 27, 2007, 10:15pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw3018

A1 makes an unsuccessful try from the baseline. Following is a scrum for the rebound with a loose ball batted around on the ground between players. A2 grabs the ball sitting on the court, attempts to pass to A3 beyond the top of the key. B1 tips the pass, which is subsequently tipped by A4, the ball then goes into the backcourt where A3 tracks it down. I called backcourt.

To the coach's credit (I was right in front of him at the time), he asked and then fully accepted the explanation. Seemed he knew the rule, which is rare indeed...
This coach actually caught me coming out of the locker room at halftime and asked for an explanation...he seemed to accept it as well..would rather have him approach me and give me a chance to explain it to him than just get angry and go on with the misconception...maybe I saved one of you guys the trouble
Old Fri Dec 28, 2007, 04:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw3018

Now the elements of your plays are exactly the same.
Old Fri Dec 28, 2007, 08:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Now the elements of your plays are exactly the same.
That's why I said "with an added element"...

I think the coach actually knew the rule, just got confused that control was gained during the scrum.
Old Fri Dec 28, 2007, 11:25am
Official Forum Member

I have had not this exact situation. Therefore, my elements are different.

A1 is inbounding the ball from the endline nearest their basket. No immediate openings to pass the ball. A1, then passes to A2 who is standing 5 feet in front of the division line. A2 never gains control the ball, instead, the ball is tipped by A2 into the backcourt. A2 goes into the BC and picks up the ball and starts to dribble. No violation.

As there was no violation, the play did cause an ejection. A fan in the front row, thinking I was unaware that a violation just took place, decided to call me a F#####G A#####E.
Old Fri Dec 28, 2007, 11:28am
Keeper of the HAMMER

If it wasn't that, it would have happened sooner or later.
Old Fri Dec 28, 2007, 11:32am
Ch1town

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgncjn
A fan in the front row, thinking I was unaware that a violation just took place, decided to call me a F#####G A#####E.
Thanks little buddy... your wifes or your moms?
Old Fri Dec 28, 2007, 12:28pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgncjn
As there was no violation, the play did cause an ejection. A fan in the front row, thinking I was unaware that a violation just took place, decided to call me a F#####G A#####E.
It's because of Brainiacs like this I always have my cousin Tony standing by in the parking lot. If you want, I'll give you his number. That way, next time this happens, you can just fahgetabout it.