Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 10, 2007, 11:00am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to swkansasref33
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCityRef
If you paid by credit card to +POS you can contest the charge with your card company because you never received shipment. Same with Officials' Choice.
Well, I paid with my debit card how would I go about doing this?
Old Mon Dec 10, 2007, 11:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swkansasref33
Well, I paid with my debit card how would I go about doing this?
If your debit card has a Visa or Mastercard logo, you just need to call the customer service number and say you want to dispute a charge. They'll walk you through it from there.
Old Mon Dec 10, 2007, 11:42am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to swkansasref33
apparently, they dont dispute charges after 90 business days. I ordered the stuff for football season, and I returned it, and never they never credited it back to me, so im out 100+ dollars now
Old Mon Dec 10, 2007, 12:54pm
Official Forum Member

I haven't ordered anything from Officials Choice in about a year. But in my previous orders, I received them in good time.

BTW - since we are talking about OC: Why did they stop selling their patent leather shoes? I thought they were fairly decent. Of course, I discovered other shoes I can wear now, but I was just curious.
Old Mon Dec 10, 2007, 06:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mregor
Why do you go through so many shirts?
His real name is Bruce Banner, and sometimes the coaches really get to him.
Old Mon Dec 10, 2007, 06:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach41
I haven't ordered anything from Officials Choice in about a year. But in my previous orders, I received them in good time.

BTW - since we are talking about OC: Why did they stop selling their patent leather shoes? I thought they were fairly decent. Of course, I discovered other shoes I can wear now, but I was just curious.
Those shoes are the best! I own two pair....but, I too wondered why OC discontinued supplying them. I beta tested the original shoe for Paul and found them to be a superior shoe compared to Converse, Rebook, etc. The last time I spoke with Paul...he just said he had no plans to further carry the shoe. Hope he reconsiders....I'm real partial to these and would need suggestions from those who owned them and went to another shoe, as to what brand are you wearing now?
Old Mon Dec 10, 2007, 09:18pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by IREFU2
I just recently ordered from Ump Attire (spelling?), got my stuff in two days.
You'll never know how to make a toss now.
Old Tue Dec 11, 2007, 10:24am
Official Forum Member

If you've ordered from a company that's gone out of business, you are considered a creditor, and you have to put in a claim with the bankruptcy court if you want to protect your rights. Creditors might get pennies on the dollar, so it might be more trouble than it's worth, but something to consider.
Old Tue Dec 11, 2007, 04:13pm
Official Forum Member

I needed another side-panel shirt so I decided to try out Officials Choice. I ordered this shirt last Tuesday and still haven’t received it. The owner emailed me and said they were back-logged in orders and were just now getting shipments out so I should receive mine shortly. (Hopefully before this Saturday.)

While I appreciated that email reply, I will note for future reference that it only takes 2 days for my stuff to arrive from Honigs. A bit more expensive, but less hassle.

However, I don’t fault Officials Choice at all and I won’t think of them negatively. It’s like Costco vs Sams. They are essentially the same store and have the same items, but in the end, you just like one more than the other.

Just my opinion....
Old Tue Dec 11, 2007, 05:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTripleJump
I will note for future reference that it only takes 2 days for my stuff to arrive from Honigs. A bit more expensive, but less hassle.
$20 more per shirt isn't exactly just a bit more expensive.
Old Tue Dec 11, 2007, 07:08pm
Official Forum Member

OC has the best shirts around! The MicroSofter material holds up well....breathes.....and cleans up really well. The $13.95 shirt special price beats any company I've seen. I order form OC with very good service.
Old Wed Dec 12, 2007, 04:19pm
Official Forum Member

I have 7 shirts from OC. The one I bought in '05 is great, as are the 3 side panel shirts I bought in summer (I think) of '06. The 3 (actually 6, but sold 3) shirts I bought in spring of '06 (regular; not side panel) are not holding up well. The loop is poorly made and too elastic, plus the material is not as soft as the other shirts. I'll probably donate these shirts next year and buy more.
Old Wed Dec 12, 2007, 07:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTripleJump
I needed another side-panel shirt so I decided to try out Officials Choice. I ordered this shirt last Tuesday and still haven’t received it. The owner emailed me and said they were back-logged in orders and were just now getting shipments out so I should receive mine shortly. (Hopefully before this Saturday.)

While I appreciated that email reply, I will note for future reference that it only takes 2 days for my stuff to arrive from Honigs. A bit more expensive, but less hassle.
I placed an order with Official's Choice at 5:28 pm (local time for OC), at 6:10 I recieved an email saying my order had been shipped. Only 42 minutes.
Old Thu Dec 13, 2007, 08:56am
Official Forum Member

I ordered some stuff from OC about 10-11 years ago and had no problem; stuff came on time as ordered. Shortly after that, however, I kept hearing how many officials had problems with them and so I never ordered again ... until this year. In early November, attracted by the $13.95 price, I ordered a bunch of shirts and some whistles and a few days later they were at my house. (I like the feel of the shirts, but I dislike the loop which seems flimsy.)

I'm sorry that the original poster is having trouble. I've never had trouble with OC but maybe I've just been fortunate.
Old Thu Dec 13, 2007, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to QuinnVT Send a message via Yahoo to QuinnVT
I get emails from them all the time, plus I got shirts and whistles from them in November, so I am pretty sure they are still around. Have had no complaints with them or Honig's or RefShop