The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 06:37pm
Official Forum Member

Last week, we discussed their "moving sale" on another discussion board. I discovered that it was nothing more than a ploy, as they have OUTRAGEOUS shipping charges.

I went to the site and was going to order 3 shirts for a total of $45. To ship the shirts vis US MAIL, they were going to charge me OVER $16!!!! US MAIL = OVER $16!!! When I scaled it back to 1 shirt, it was going to be $10!!!

Now, they can easily mail the shirt for $4. And if they want to add $2 for handling, I wouldn't mind $6. But $16 is absolutely ridiculous. The US MAIL supplies the box and picks up the package. RIDICULOUS!

So, as I have been known to do, I ripped off an email to them. I posted the email here, in the thread where we were discussing the "sale." Here's the email I sent.

Officials Choice,

I saw your moving sale and thought I'd pick up a few items. Then I calculated shipping and figured out your game. What complete and total bullsh1t! $10 to ship one shirt via USPS Priority Mail!?! $16 to ship 3 shirts!?!

You must have found a lot of stupid people out there to make this work successfully but not me. I'll never order from you again. Further, I'm posting this on every officiating discussion board I can find on the Internet!

Well, I got a reply yesterday!

Mr. Haire,
In the future when venting your anger, please do so in a professional manner,
using vulgar and inappropriate language is not necessary.
We ask you to conduct your business like an adult.
Furthermore if you want to waste your time and energy posting things on the internet
that are negative in nature, I suggest your re-evalaute your priorities, but that is your choice.
For you to put on an ACT this way over $10.00 is very disturbing and your agenda is in question. But that is life.
Take care sir.

ROTFLMAO!!!

In any case, I'm quite sure that they'll really be impressed with my reply, which I can't post here. But I did include this.

"I will make it my mission in life to post on every officiating board that I find, how you screw officials over with your outrageous shipping charges."

And so, the mission begins!
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 06:59pm
Official Forum Member

Holy cow...you and bluezebra are in rare form tonight!

Maybe Red McCombs is also the owner of Officials Choice trying to recoup his $$$$ he blew on Moss!
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 07:04pm
Official Forum Member

"In the future when venting your anger, please do so in a professional manner,
using vulgar and inappropriate language is not necessary."

Maybe their eyes are better than mine, but I didn't read anything that was vulgar and inappropiate.

"Holy cow...you and bluezebra are in rare form tonight!

Maybe Red McCombs is also the owner of Officials Choice trying to recoup his $$$$ he blew on Moss!"

And I'm not a Vikings or Mike Tice fan.

Bob

Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 10:05pm
Official Forum Member

Bob, I guess the word bullsh1t is vulgar and inappropriate in Jersey. I thought they were tougher than that.