The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Nov 22, 2006, 10:49am
Official Forum Member

the Officials Choice

Has anyone done any business with The Officials Choice recently? I am trying to reach them. Sent them emails and left voice mail. Any help with other form of contact..
Old Wed Nov 22, 2006, 12:43pm
M.A.S.H.

Yes, I just ordered from them on Tuesday via the web. I got e-mail notices and everything extremely fast. Wednesday morning I got an e-mail saying my order was shipped. No problems here. It's possible they've closed up shop for the holidays.
Old Wed Nov 22, 2006, 04:26pm
Official Forum Member

REFVA
I haven't done any business with them in the past couple months, but when I did, I did have a hard time reaching them. However when I did, they bent over backwards to get things done.
Old Thu Nov 23, 2006, 09:49am
Official Forum Member

I get all my supplies except shoes from them. I always get what I need in the summer before they're needed because they are a little slow in shipping. Maybe they know that I'm in no hurry then or they have to order the stuff before shipping it out. They are great doing business with other than that. BTW, during the summer they had great sales going on.

barryb
Old Thu Nov 23, 2006, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

Smile

I have ordered from them in the past. Everything was great, order came in about 2-3 days extremely fast. I love there shoes, OC's still wearing them in fact. But I ran into the same trouble as most of you, trying to contact them. I tried to order some more shoes, they werent on the web-site. Couldnt get a hold of them for nothing. But its still a nice company with fast service.
Old Thu Nov 23, 2006, 11:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I love there shoes, OC's still wearing them in fact.
Funny you mention their OC shoes, I purchased 3 pair when they were having a sell out sale. 2 of the 3 and I haven't worn the third yet, ripped in the back by the heel. It hasn't happened with any other shoe I have worn. So I am wondering if that is a problem with those shoes.
Old Fri Nov 24, 2006, 08:21am
Official Forum Member

I placed 2 orders from them this Summer and had to call them regarding 1 order. I didn't have any problems and the orders arrived quickly and the product is exactly what I anticipated. (BTW, I do not work for them and they are not paying me for this advertisement)
Old Fri Nov 24, 2006, 11:28pm
M.A.S.H.

Does anyone know if the OC usually gives you a tracking number? I didn't get one and I'm wondering where my stuff is!
Old Sat Nov 25, 2006, 11:50pm
(Something hilarious)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1
Does anyone know if the OC usually gives you a tracking number? I didn't get one and I'm wondering where my stuff is!
Funny you ask that. I am still waiting on an order for 15 or so shirts I placed in August that has apparently disappeared in the mail. I've requested a re-shipping of the order, but haven't heard anything back on that request in 3 weeks. From my experience with them (only this order, admittedly), this is typical with their level and ease of contact and their level of service recovery. And no tracking number, but an insurance number for the package was eventually given after multiple requests. They shipped "priority mail insured." I used a purchase order, so I'm not out of pocket, but neverthelsess, I do not feel like a well taken care of customer, by any means.
Old Sun Nov 26, 2006, 11:02am
Official Forum Member

I have been trying to contact them, The number on their website goes to an answering machice with a message that give an address www.theofficialschoiceinc.com and that is a wrong address.
Old Sun Nov 26, 2006, 06:03pm
M.A.S.H.

Their website is now: http://www.theofficialschoice.com
Old Sun Nov 26, 2006, 07:35pm
Official Forum Member

I prefer www.getofficial.com Has everything you need and the prices aren't that bad
Old Sun Nov 26, 2006, 08:47pm
(Something hilarious)

Quote:
Originally Posted by budjones05
I prefer www.getofficial.com Has everything you need and the prices aren't that bad
GetOfficial.com actually doesn't carry the non-side panel microfiber basketball shirt, which is what I was going to OfficialsChoice for (and what I know some fellow officials have gone to them for). Luckily for me, Honig's just started advertising them on their webiste, and I will shortly be heading there. (I prefer the Honig's 1 week turnaround as opposed to the anywhere from 3 months to never turnaround.)
Old Sun Nov 26, 2006, 09:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1

Did you break down and buy from them again? I thought you swore off of them (and probably at them more than a few times) in the past!!!
Old Sun Nov 26, 2006, 09:29pm
Official Forum Member

I've never ordered from OC but many people who have posted have been pleased with their products (except for shoes that fell apart) but have been very dissastisfied with their customer service or lack thereof. I use Between the Lines and GetOfficial. I had a jacket button break and BTL had a new one to me in a week, compete with IHSA logo. GO sent me a Byron collar shirt by mistake once and game me a free Fox 40 and some volleyball wheels. Can't complain about either of them.