The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 10:02am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
This is pretty much the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

This reminds me of the guys that you work with that are worried about the kind of shirt that you are wearing -- mesh or no-mesh? Flag or no flag? etc. ... They have one of every shirt in their bag so that we can all look the same, etc.

This has nothing to do with how good of an official you are on the court and doesn't make a bit of difference to coaches, for sure.

I have nothing against trying to look good -- shining your shoes, having your uniform look nice, etc. ... but when we get to the point of trying to have perfectly matching shirts and whistles, it is beyond the point of absurdity.
Yup. My partner has been through every variation of shirt the past 3 years and I'm still wearing the regular polyester Honig's shirt I wore then.

Next someone will say we should carry different shoes to match our partners. Where would that end? Pleats and flat fronts? Belt or no belt?

I don't live in an area where people obsess about these things. I buy shoes for comfort and people get to enjoy the little white splashes just as much as I do cause I don't bother trying to cover them up. My shoeshine routine is usually an ArmorAll bath.
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 10:11am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Yup. My partner has been through every variation of shirt the past 3 years and I'm still wearing the regular polyester Honig's shirt I wore then.

Next someone will say we should carry different shoes to match our partners. Where would that end? Pleats and flat fronts? Belt or no belt?

I don't live in an area where people obsess about these things. I buy shoes for comfort and people get to enjoy the little white splashes just as much as I do cause I don't bother trying to cover them up. My shoeshine routine is usually an ArmorAll bath.
I agree.

I have heard of someone wanting to match their partner(s) in every area you just mentioned. They then go out and butcher a game, BUT they matched. Makes perfect sense to me.