The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   new jacket (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/38365-new-jacket.html)

CLH Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:38pm

new jacket

so i got my new CCA jacket today, and it didnt have the friggin' logo on it!!! what the hell!!!!

Back In The Saddle Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLH
so i got my new CCA jacket today, and it didnt have the friggin' logo on it!!! what the hell!!!!

Tell us, how does that make you feel? :cool:

Scrapper1 Fri Sep 21, 2007 08:36am

My UPS tracking number tells me that mine should arrive today. I'll let you know if mine has a logo.

truerookie Fri Sep 21, 2007 09:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLH

Send it back, this is why we purchase the damn thing for the logo!!!;)

Scrapper1 Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:08am

OMG!!! It's HORRIBLE!!! It's hideous!!! It looks absolutely terrible. :(

My wife's appraisal after I screamed out the above: "It's not. . . the most attractive thing I've seen, but I wouldn't go all the way to 'hideous'."

On the plus side, mine has the CCA logo. On the minus side, the zipper is on the left side, like on a woman's jacket.

On the minus minus side, it looks absolutely horrible.

Dan_ref Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1
OMG!!! It's HORRIBLE!!! It's hideous!!! It looks absolutely terrible. :(

My wife's appraisal after I screamed out the above: "It's not. . . the most attractive thing I've seen, but I wouldn't go all the way to 'hideous'."

Like you've never heard that before from her... :rolleyes:

Back In The Saddle Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_ref

Oh thanks. Now I need to clean the pepsi off my monitor. :D

rockyroad Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:11am

Quote:

ROFLMAO!!

I got mine yesterday...it had the logo. It's ugly. I don't like it. My wife's appraisal was "Oh it's not that bad. It could be worse - they could make them pink for the Women's officials." Sigh...

Scrapper1 Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:12am

Quote:

I can't even pretend to be upset by that; it's just too darn funny!! :D

CLH Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:30pm

yeah my zipper is on the left too, are they all like that?

bigwhistle Fri Sep 21, 2007 03:15pm

My zipper is on the left side too. Geesh, after getting this jacket, I think I should have retired :) . Not sure who was in on the design, but they should be fired (or made to work this year's schedule with OS) :eek:

CLH Fri Sep 21, 2007 03:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwhistle
My zipper is on the left side too. Geesh, after getting this jacket, I think I should have retired :) . Not sure who was in on the design, but they should be fired (or made to work this year's schedule with OS) :eek:

I was told it was an NBA official, it it was Javie I'm gonna be crushed!!!!:eek:

Back In The Saddle Fri Sep 21, 2007 03:45pm

I heard it was Hank Nichol's brother-in-law, the one that's currently living in Hank's den while trying to start his own sporting goods company. This guy got a screaming deal on these "handsome, sporty jackets" (that fell off the back of a truck). They were on their way back to the manufacturer because the zippers were all installed backwards. Hank recognized the opportunity to reclaim his den, and jumped! ;)

mbyron Sat Sep 22, 2007 07:10am

If the jackets were made in China, that might explain it. The Chinese don't quite get our Western tradition (dating from the time when rich women had "dressers") of men's clothes fastening on the right.

Back In The Saddle Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbyron
If the jackets were made in China, that might explain it. The Chinese don't quite get our Western tradition (dating from the time when rich women had "dressers") of men's clothes fastening on the right.

And the logo will be painted on with lead-based paint. :rolleyes: