The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   new jacket (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/38365-new-jacket.html)

JRutledge Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
In case you didn't know, Jeff, I agree with you on this. :)

BTW, I do think the jackets are ugly, but I do not get to make that choice now do I? :D

Peace

Back In The Saddle Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:59pm

I think they're beyond ugly. But hey, I don't have to wear one. :D

rainmaker Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle
I think they're beyond ugly. But hey, I don't have to wear one. :D

Maybe in a year or two?

Back In The Saddle Fri Sep 28, 2007 01:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker
Maybe in a year or two?

Perhaps. But the whole jacket would be just one more uniform fashion faux pas for Shantelle to raz me about. :rolleyes:

Texas Aggie Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16am

Quote:

I really do not understand why people still think we are not to be noticed.
I never said anything about "not being noticed." I phrased it as drawing attention to ourselves. There's a big difference and this has nothing to do with You Tube. Last year, we weren't going to be on You Tube due solely to the jacket we are wearing. This year, who knows.

JRutledge Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
I never said anything about "not being noticed." I phrased it as drawing attention to ourselves. There's a big difference and this has nothing to do with You Tube. Last year, we weren't going to be on You Tube due solely to the jacket we are wearing. This year, who knows.

I still do not see the big deal. The stripes are not as flattering, but I really do not think anyone cares. Certainly the jackets are not as noticeable as what the NBA wears and I am sure they get along with those ugly things as well.

Peace

rainmaker Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:04pm

Quote:

this has nothing to do with You Tube. Last year, we weren't going to be on You Tube due solely to the jacket we are wearing. This year, who knows.

.....:confused: ......

Texas Aggie Mon Oct 08, 2007 02:12pm

The only big deal is, why change?

M&M Guy Mon Oct 08, 2007 02:23pm

Quote:

<font size = 3>$</font size>

JRutledge Mon Oct 08, 2007 02:25pm

Quote:

Someone made a pitch that the CCA could adopt another style jacket and they agreed. Why did the NFL change? I am sure for the very same reason. Change happens. This is why they got rid of the collared shirts, the belted pants, even the color of the pants. Whatever the reason is it changed and we all have to deal with it. I personally do not care. Would I prefer the same jacket? Of course I would. It is not my decision to make.

Peace

rsox34 Tue Oct 23, 2007 04:40pm

The Manufacturer should cut dramatically cut the price because Zipper is...

...on the wrong side of the new jackets. Why didn't the NCAA/CCA make the manufacturer fix the jackets before selling them and rquiring officials to have them?

Texas Aggie Wed Feb 20, 2008 06:03pm

The rumors are flying this season will be the only one for the new jacket. Anyone heard the same?

JRutledge Wed Feb 20, 2008 06:04pm

Quote:

The rumors are flying this season will be the only one for the new jacket. Anyone heard the same?

Yes I did. And I heard it from a very reliable source. I did not want to post it until I have other information.

Peace

Mark Padgett Wed Feb 20, 2008 07:34pm

I got it figured out. These jackets are only for FEEBLE games and they have metric zippers. http://www.runemasterstudios.com/gra...ages/crazy.gif

26 Year Gap Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:54pm

Well, whatever they look like, they could not possibly be as ugly as Oregon Ducks' team warmup jackets.