The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   new jacket (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/38365-new-jacket.html)

bob jenkins Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:35am

It happened to me once that I had no logo and a zipper on the wrong side. It turned out that I had the jacket on inside out. Only took me three weeks to figure it out.

mbyron Sat Sep 22, 2007 07:25pm

That reminds me of the time someone in the forum locked his keys in his car. Took him nearly an hour to get his family out. :D

Scrapper1 Sun Sep 23, 2007 07:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbyron
That reminds me of the time someone in the forum locked his keys in his car. Took him nearly an hour to get his family out. :D

Should've called Blondestar. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/35289/blondstar/

Back In The Saddle Sun Sep 23, 2007 09:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1

"Always on, because you're always blonde." Too funny! :D

Old School Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwhistle
My zipper is on the left side too. Geesh, after getting this jacket, I think I should have retired :) . Not sure who was in on the design, but they should be fired. :eek:

Just talked to Honig's and they said the zipper on the left side is by design. This is the way the jacket is coming from the official NCAA manufacturer, whoever that is. Nothing they can do about it. My jacket is padded on the inside, will be nice for cold gyms but definitely uncomfortable for hotter gyms. Did I misunderstand, is this new jacket is for NCAA Women's only?

26 Year Gap Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1
OMG!!! It's HORRIBLE!!! It's hideous!!! It looks absolutely terrible. :(

My wife's appraisal after I screamed out the above: "It's not. . . the most attractive thing I've seen, but I wouldn't go all the way to 'hideous'."

On the plus side, mine has the CCA logo. On the minus side, the zipper is on the left side, like on a woman's jacket.
On the minus minus side, it looks absolutely horrible.

Use that one when you do girls' or women's games.

Scrapper1 Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old School
Did I misunderstand?

Is the Pope Catholic?

Mark Padgett Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:04am

If anyone is interested in an official rec league jacket, I'm selling them. They're only $1.00 including shipping. Just email me your name, address, date of birth, social security number, debit card and PIN number and I will donate part of the proceeds to a poor Nigerian prince. :o

Texas Aggie Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:28am

Why in the hell would they ever design something that draws attention to itself when we're supposed to be all about NOT drawing attention to ourselves?

This jacket is ludicrous and I hope they go back to the original one next year.

JRutledge Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
Why in the hell would they ever design something that draws attention to itself when we're supposed to be all about NOT drawing attention to ourselves?

This jacket is ludicrous and I hope they go back to the original one next year.

I seriously doubt this is going to change anytime soon. We really need to get used to it.

Secondly, I really do not understand why people still think we are not to be noticed. We are going to be noticed because everyone focuses on us anyway.

Peace

Adam Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
I seriously doubt this is going to change anytime soon. We really need to get used to it.

Secondly, I really do not understand why people still think we are not to be noticed. We are going to be noticed because everyone focuses on us anyway.

Peace

You must be one of those guys who keeps calling "game interrupters." ;)

Mark Padgett Thu Sep 27, 2007 04:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells

Maybe he suffers from gamus interruptus. ;)

Adam Thu Sep 27, 2007 05:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Maybe he suffers from gamus interruptus. ;)

I've heard that's not effective in preventing, uhm, the side effects, of officiating.

JRutledge Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells

We are in a YouTube, internet era. There are website dedicated to who works games and the records based on who is working. I really do not think many people do not notice the officials during the game. I have been in arenas where people started taunting them before the game started and these jackets were not worn yet. I think the jackets are not going to change the level of visibility that much. Just a guess on my part.

Peace

Adam Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:48pm

In case you didn't know, Jeff, I agree with you on this. :)