The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   U call it (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/37075-u-call.html)

Ch1town Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:35am

U call it

B1 fouls A1 in the act of shooting & they both fall down really hard. They both jump up pushing each other & bumping chests, as they are separated B5 & A5 start their own pushing & chest bumping match.
No punches thrown, but all acts were T worthy for sure.
When the smoke clears, how should this be handled HS rules?

Adam Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:36am

Double Ts on each. No free throws for the techs. Go to POI.

Ch1town Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:44am

So it's NOT a false double type of T as in 4-19-9? And even if it was, it's the same procedure right?
All 4 players get 1 added to their player foul count & each team has 2 added to reach the bonus?

Hartsy Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Double Ts on each. No free throws. Go to POI.

Yeah, that's how I see it. Maybe I eject all 4, too. Then it would get very interesting.

Adam Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch1town
So it's NOT a false double type of T as in 4-19-9? And even if it was, it's the same procedure right?
All 4 players get 1 added to their player foul count & each team has 2 added to reach the bonus?

If you want, you could call it multiple double technical fouls. :) You've got a double tech on A1 and B1. Then a seperate double tech on A5 and B5. Penalize each double tech as if it were the only one.
And yes to your final question. Did you have this in your summer ball?

Ch1town Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:05am

Quote:

If you want, you could call it multiple double technical fouls. :) You've got a double tech on A1 and B1. Then a seperate double tech on A5 and B5. Penalize each double tech as if it were the only one.
And yes to your final question. Did you have this in your summer ball?

So when does a false double foul occur? I could've swore multiple fouls had something to do with 2 teammates committing personals on the same opponent at the same time?

No just a little debate we had at the gym last night. 6 officials on 2 courts with forfiets at the same time...

Adam Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:16am

B1 fouls A1 during play. You call the foul, and right after your whistle, A1 retaliates by shoving B1. You've got a personal foul on B1 and a tech on A1.

False double.

Adam Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:19am

Back to the original sitch. You could call it a false multiple double. False because they weren't all at the same time. Multiple, because you have teammates committing fouls in the same dead ball period. Double because you have opponents committin fouls during the same dead ball period. You would penalize each foul in the order it occurs.
First, your foul by B1 results in free throws by A1.
Second, your double fouls by A1 and B1 result in techs assessed to each player, and you go back to A1s free throws for POI.
Third, your double fouls on A5 and B5 result in techs assessed to each player, and you go back to A1s free throws for POI.

Vinski Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:25am

Quote:

Back to the original sitch. You could call it a false multiple double. False because they weren't all at the same time. Multiple, because you have teammates committing fouls in the same dead ball period. Double because you have opponents committin fouls during the same dead ball period. You would penalize each foul in the order it occurs.
First, your foul by B1 results in free throws by A1.
Second, your double fouls by A1 and B1 result in techs assessed to each player, and you go back to A1s free throws for POI.
Third, your double fouls on A5 and B5 result in techs assessed to each player, and you go back to A1s free throws for POI.

So, in this case, because the Ts are double and thus no free throws for Ts, would the players line up for the original shooting foul?

JRutledge Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinski
So, in this case, because the Ts are double and thus no free throws for Ts, would the players line up for the original shooting foul?

Yes. You are not every going to shoot for double fouls of any kind. So you go back to the POI on double fouls.

Peace

Indianaref Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:28am

ART. 8 . . . Double fouls:

a. A double personal foul is a situation in which two opponents commit personal fouls against each other at approximately the same time.
b. A double technical foul is a situation in which two opponents commit technical fouls against each other at approximately the same time.

ART. 9 . . . A false double foul is a situation in which there are fouls by both teams, the second of which occurs before the clock is started following the first, and such that at least one of the attributes of a double foul is absent.

Scrapper1 Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:29am

Quote:

Yes. The POI is the free throws for the original foul. In that situation, you'd line up the players, so that's exactly what we do after the double foul.

Ch1town Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:31am

So I see, thanks Snaqwells! Tonight I work with 1 of the guys from last nights discussion, I'll let him know.

Quote:

Yes indeed for the original shooting foul by B1

Scrapper1 Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:31am

Quote:

I could've swore multiple fouls had something to do with 2 teammates committing personals on the same opponent at the same time?

This is correct, but I changed your underlining because you never had this happen in your scenario. Yes, you had teammates commit fouls, but the fouls were not against the same player.

Ch1town Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:43am

I could've swore multiple fouls had something to do with 2 teammates committing personals on the same opponent at the same time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1
This is correct, but I changed your underlining because you never had this happen in your scenario. Yes, you had teammates commit fouls, but the fouls were not against the same player.

That's exactly what I was saying in response to the following statement:

If you want, you could call it multiple double technical fouls.

I'm just trying to figure out what type of technical foul occured in that senario...