Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jul 16, 2007, 11:32am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
That's not what I meant!
Based on your previous diatribes, that is exactly what you meant. You always talk about the importance of the coaches and players in how we officiate the game of basketball. Now I agree more than most here that coaches and players should be apart of our thinking, but you make it sound as if what they think or who the stars are the only factor. So what did you really mean? I will be waiting for your answer on pins and needles.

Peace
Old Mon Jul 16, 2007, 11:58am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Based on your previous diatribes, that is exactly what you meant. You always talk about the importance of the coaches and players in how we officiate the game of basketball. Now I agree more than most here that coaches and players should be apart of our thinking, but you make it sound as if what they think or who the stars are the only factor. So what did you really mean? I will be waiting for your answer on pins and needles.
He's saying that he didn't understand what he said.

I believe him.
Old Mon Jul 16, 2007, 12:13pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
He's saying that he didn't understand what he said.

I believe him.
I guess you are right.

Peace
Old Mon Jul 16, 2007, 03:47pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge

Peace
No, that's just the way you heard it. We all have selected hearing. We hear what we want to hear and throw away the rest. Some of us like to add to what we hear, expand the meaning to that of what is not being said. For ex: you make it sound as if what they (the coaches, fans, etc) think are the only factor. You see, you expanded on what you heard because I never said that. My position on protecting quality players is to create a game where they will want to come back and play again. Thus bringing there friends and other top quality talent. You see, if the quality talent thinks they going to get job'd everytime they play here, they're not coming back, and then I'm not going to want to come back. So, I have a vested interest. I'm not just there to collect a paycheck and I'm not going to hang around very long doing garbage ball.

Peace
Old Mon Jul 16, 2007, 03:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You see, if the quality talent thinks they going to get job'd everytime they play here, they're not coming back, and then I'm not going to want to come back.
Do we have a greatest hits thread?
Old Mon Jul 16, 2007, 04:38pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
So, I have a vested interest.
Herein lies the problem.
Old Mon Jul 16, 2007, 04:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Herein lies the problem.
Actually, here is the problem:

Old Mon Jul 16, 2007, 06:15pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Herein lies the problem.
We're talking about wreck league, let's make sure we keep that in mind. Yes, I have a vested interest in working wreck-ball, the better the competition, the better the game to work, the better time I have, and I have had some great wreck-league games. I have had an equally number of garbage games too...
Old Mon Jul 16, 2007, 06:25pm
Official Forum Member

You know the real problem with this flawed philosophy?

The good players in these leagues don't want "protection" because if the hackers think they are getting it, they will really start fouling.

This tells me, what Old School calls good players are actually the cry-baby wanna-bes, never-wasses that fill up rec ball...players want to play, the "I'm taking my ball and going home" guys aren't players.
Old Mon Jul 16, 2007, 07:49pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
We're talking about wreck league, let's make sure we keep that in mind. Yes, I have a vested interest in working wreck-ball, the better the competition, the better the game to work, the better time I have, and I have had some great wreck-league games. I have had an equally number of garbage games too...
If you're doing the games, we know that they must be rec league games. It's kinda painfully obvious that's all that you've ever done.
Old Tue Jul 17, 2007, 10:13am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
If you're doing the games, we know that they must be rec league games. It's kinda painfully obvious that's all that you've ever done.
I agree, it must be painful to know that I officiate too, and even at the upper levels. Must be real painful. On a more serious note, they do have medication for that. It's called a psychiatrist. You and the peanut gallery should call on one today.

Oh, and speaking of today, have a nice one....
Old Tue Jul 17, 2007, 12:28pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

There is one of three answers to the OS conundrum.

1. He is lying about his officiating credentials in some effort to make his life somewhat enjoyable in a rather juvinile fashion. This makes him a sad person.

2. He is lying about how he officiates and is just messing with us. This makes him an a$$.

3. His local area really is hurting for officials and anyone with a pulse can get college games.
Old Tue Jul 17, 2007, 12:29pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
I agree, it must be painful to know that I officiate too, and even at the upper levels. Must be real painful. On a more serious note, they do have medication for that. It's called a psychiatrist. You and the peanut gallery should call on one today.

Oh, and speaking of today, have a nice one....
I know you've been told this before, but in most officiating circles, intramural championship games aren't considered "upper levels." I'm just saying....