The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 03, 2007, 08:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dexter
Eh - just take your old jacket and put a few pieces of masking tape on it.

Of course, if any of you are unwilling to shell out the $50-60 for the new jacket and want to step down, feel free to let your assignors know that I'm willing to take a spot on any DI, DII, DIII or NAIA staff.

Ditto!! Except i will do NJCAA
Old Fri May 04, 2007, 09:50am
Official Forum Member

Hey Budjones, I'm from Missouri also and wanted to see where Centralia is located so I google mapped it and did you know they don't spell it the same way you do?
Old Fri May 04, 2007, 10:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSportsFan
Hey Budjones, I'm from Missouri also and wanted to see where Centralia is located so I google mapped it and did you know they don't spell it the same way you do?

Centralia, MO...Located about 20 mins away from Columbia on MO-Z
Old Fri May 04, 2007, 02:46pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by budjones05
Ditto!! Except i will do NJCAA
So if someone gave you $1000 and travel and airfare, you would not go and do the game?
Old Fri May 04, 2007, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

Perfect. I just bought a CCA jacket before last season. Now I'll have to get a new one AND a new HS state jacket as Texas basketball officials have formed a new organization.

A hundred and twenty bucks in jackets! The ones I wore last year were new and one year old respectively. I still have the blue CCA jacket that's wearable, but the lining ripped out plus a very old state HS jacket that doesn't fit. Maybe I can sell my collection one day.
Old Fri May 04, 2007, 04:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
Perfect. I just bought a CCA jacket before last season. Now I'll have to get a new one AND a new HS state jacket as Texas basketball officials have formed a new organization.

A hundred and twenty bucks in jackets! The ones I wore last year were new and one year old respectively. I still have the blue CCA jacket that's wearable, but the lining ripped out plus a very old state HS jacket that doesn't fit. Maybe I can sell my collection one day.
The new HS organization will not materialize. At least this year.
Old Sat May 05, 2007, 02:44am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj
Ummm...I think you mean kNickers!
I think you're right.
Old Sun May 06, 2007, 12:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
So if someone gave you $1000 and travel and airfare, you would not go and do the game?
You should see the things I do for less!:P
Old Sun May 06, 2007, 10:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The new HS organization will not materialize. At least this year.
It already has. They already have a website up and, based upon my information, dues have been paid to that organization and not TASO.

If you know something different, by all means, let me know. But basketball has already succeeded from TASO.
Old Tue May 08, 2007, 05:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
It already has. They already have a website up and, based upon my information, dues have been paid to that organization and not TASO.

If you know something different, by all means, let me know. But basketball has already succeeded from TASO.
That's not quite true. TASO will still have a basketball division with whatever chapters decided to stay. It's my understanding that most of the big chapters (except San Antonio) left for the new organization along with a good number of smaller chapters. I don't know for sure how many chose to stay and how many have left but I got the impression that over half are leaving. According to the letter I got from TASO (and I assume all officials in the state got) they say that they will work to maintain chapters in all the cities that currently have them. This sounds to me like they are going to try to compete with the chapters that have left though I don't know if they will try to start chapters up right away.

I can't seem to find the website. Anyone have a link?
Old Tue May 08, 2007, 05:41pm
Official Forum Member

Well, I never stated that TASO won't have a basketball division. But it won't be with the vast majority of chapters in Texas.

First, their website is lonestaroa.org. Second, 19 chapters voted to leave TASO, and some more chapters who either didn't vote or voted to stay have contacted LSOA about joining. It seems that these chapters either didn't realize how serious the basketball board was or didn't pay much attention to things until they had to. Finally, the coaches aren't going to use any "new" TASO chapters in area where the established chapters vacated. Perhaps in smaller areas but not in the larger areas.

TASO has no business having a disbarred attorney running their organization. They probably could have eliminated the entire problem by getting rid of him. I think TASO is on its death bed. If the football division gets wind that they can run their own organization, they will likely follow suit.
Old Wed May 09, 2007, 11:44am
Official Forum Member

OK, help me. My understanding was that UIL could not "administratively" help LSOA, and TASO is the only recognized association.
Old Thu May 10, 2007, 07:28pm
Official Forum Member

According to the current UIL rules, it is TASO OR UIL. I think they anticipated an area, such as, say, track, where there might not be an officials association.
Old Thu May 10, 2007, 07:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
According to the current UIL rules, it is TASO OR UIL. I think they anticipated an area, such as, say, track, where there might not be an officials association.
Can't the UIL recognize chapters individually if they so choose? I have heard that Austin tried it several years ago but the UIL said no. From their website, It appears that the UIL is giving LSOA a lot of help getting started and I got the impression that they are contracting with them for administrative services (at least at the beginning).

TASO keeps sending us letters saying their relationship with the UIL is great but if that's so why is the UIL giving LSOA so much start up help? Hmmm.....