The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 01:23pm
Official Forum Member

Speaking of Hard and Soft

Had a tourney this weekend, where it seemed like every ball I got was too hard. During the regular season I have a ball needle attached to my jacket zipper. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can carry a ball needle during the offseason games? We wear shorts, and I don't have pockets in the shorts I have.
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 01:25pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheRef
Had a tourney this weekend, where it seemed like every ball I got was too hard. During the regular season I have a ball needle attached to my jacket zipper. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can carry a ball needle during the offseason games? We wear shorts, and I don't have pockets in the shorts I have.
In a bag?

Peace
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 01:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
In a bag?

Peace
Funny that you said that because I usually keep one in my whistle bag. This weekend was my first ever tournament that I just threw a t-shirt over my stripes and walked in the gym wearing my shoes, and without a bag. The games were 10 minutes from the house, and it was very convenient to throw the shirt back on and get the heck out of the gym.
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 01:35pm
Do not give a damn!!

I always carry a bag of some kind if for no other reason to put my shoes in that bag. I do not like to wear the shoes I officiate in on the street.

Peace
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 02:04pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
I always carry a bag of some kind if for no other reason to put my shoes in that bag. I do not like to wear the shoes I officiate in on the street.

Peace
Agreed. I have a small bag for AAU-type games that fits my shoes, an extra whistle, a bottle of my beverage of choice, and a towel. I got tired of picking rocks out of my soles.
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 02:55pm
Lighten up, Francis.

I read these two posts back-to-back. They don't go together, but I almost had to clean off my monitor. . .

Quote:
He does not have the balls to be a stalker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaqwell
Agreed. I have a small bag

(Glad I got that posted before the thread gets locked!)

Last edited by Scrapper1; Mon Apr 30, 2007 at 03:00pm.
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 03:51pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1town
Umm Rie Rie aka Ms. 5280 aka The Unit Flippa' is a Female Hip Hop Recording Artist that I manage thus my cell number ties to a lot of Rie Rie related things.
The "unit flippa"?

Sorry, dude, but I'd never dream of letting her flip my unit.

Shudder......

Besides, she doesn't look nearly strong enough.......
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 04:00pm
Lighten up, Francis.

Ch1town, I debated a while about whether to insert myself into this conversation, and I don't really want to make anybody madder than they are. But I think I'd like to make a couple observations. Take them for what they're worth. First of all:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1town
August 12th I'm in your State, lets hit a gym & I'll show you whut it really dew.
You're going to challenge somebody you don't even know to a fight because of something he wrote on a message board? Really? (1) Why do you care about JRut's opinion? You don't know him, and likely never will. He has no influence over your schedule, your ratings, or any aspect of your daily life. (2) It's a little sad that you are so quick to be willing to resort to violence. Is that really the only tool you have for conflict resolution? Even if he was completely serious, is being called a girlie-man really worth beating somebody up over?

In other words, my very humble opinion is that you simply ignore it. It can't possibly affect you in any real way outside this forum. Either put him on your ignore list, or just don't read his posts. Threats and violence are not attractive in most people.

Quote:
Jeffrey started trolling me weeks ago & is now on the run having the mod delete threads & lock us down as if we were in Statesville.
Second of all, complaining about the mods' (Bob and Mick, mostly) management of your posts is probably not a great way to endear yourself to them and keep future threads open. Complaining about a locked or deleted thread is a pretty easy way to get your complaint deleted. Just thought you'd like to know.
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 04:00pm
Official & Member

Does anyone else find this to be a strange evolution of a thread?
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 04:04pm
Ch1town

Unit = CD (ie so & so moved 5000 units on their release date)
Flip = sell a product for cash
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 04:17pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra
Does anyone else find this to be a strange evolution of a thread?
No more than most of 'em.....
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 04:30pm
Ch1town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
Ch1town, I debated a while about whether to insert myself into this conversation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1

So who won the debate?

First of all:
You're going to challenge somebody you don't even know to a fight because of something he wrote on a message board? Really? (1) Why do you care about JRut's opinion? You don't know him, and likely never will. He has no influence over your schedule, your ratings, or any aspect of your daily life. (2) It's a little sad that you are so quick to be willing to resort to violence. Is that really the only tool you have for conflict resolution? Even if he was completely serious, is being called a girlie-man really worth beating somebody up over?

Well, Mr. spokesman for the JRut campaign, it goes a little deeper than what
you imply. For one, I've noticed that anytime I have something to say (or any other newbie that he thinks he bully around) he throws little darts at them.
You know talking ish without really saying it (see Shirts thread for the latest incident). I asked him to stop beating around the bush & say want he wanted to really say as it has happened on numerous occasions.
Violence never solved anything, but when you get called a p#&&% on my block you better defend that or live with the moniker. I could care less what a person looks like if they whoop my arse so be it but they will know this dude has heart. Overall, I concur violence is wrong.

Second of all, complaining about the mods' (Bob and Mick, mostly) management of your posts is probably not a great way to endear yourself to them and keep future threads open. Complaining about a locked or deleted thread is a pretty easy way to get your complaint deleted. Just thought you'd like to know.

I could care less about keeping threads open, I truly started coming here for educational purposes. The knowledge here is vital, I can learn from others mistakes I soak up all these senarios. If you could point out where I complained about the mods I'd love to see it. All I said was he got the mods to shut me down. Which is their option, it's not that serious to me as I only read/post here Mon-Fri 7-3:30 stictly on company time as I have a million other things to do in a day. "The Forum" may be life to some off you here, but not that crucial to me...

I felt like he was trying to play me out & just had to let him know that he had the wrong guy, for he is NOT I & I ain't him.
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 04:44pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

I honestly read the shirts thread looking for it, and didn't see it. I know what post you're talking about, I just didn't see how that particular post was personal. Of course, I'm not looking at any prior context that may go with it.
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 04:53pm
Ch1town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
I honestly read the shirts thread looking for it, and didn't see it. I know what post you're talking about, I just didn't see how that particular post was personal. Of course, I'm not looking at any prior context that may go with it.

Dude had the mods shut me down!
Read this quick it may be gone soon, this is what I said to the OP first.

"Don't know if you're with IAABO but hoings (I had a direct link) has these for $21.95 w/ the patch already sewn on"

I just thought that was a good deal as you know the patch can cost up to $7 by itself plus the fee for having it sewn on. If OP wasn't affiliated then he need not purchase, anybody else on the forum who might have affilitaed then it was a plug for them.

And my troll came running behind me 7 minutes after I answered the OP with the negative connotations that you already read. Subtle but when it happens over & over it starts to make you wonder.
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 05:13pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

You're giving him way too much credit for his power over the mods. I read your offering and his post, and didn't see anything there that indicated anything sinister. Like I said thought, I'm ignorant of any history you two may have.