The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 08:17pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Conflict Of Interest ??

Many,many years ago, my son played in Little League, B Division, on a team that I coached. In this league batters batted against a pitching machine. First and third base coaches were also expected to act as umpires. In one partciular game, my son tried to go from first to third on a single to the outfield. I was the third base coach/umpire. My son made a great slide into third, but the outfielder made an even better throw, and the third baseman made a great sweep tag, just barely getting my son out. I called my son out, tough call, but the right call. My son and my wife didn't speak to me for the rest of the weekend.
Old Tue May 01, 2007, 08:03am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheRef
One question, HITH do you manage the game without focusing on the "rules"? Is it safe to say that you officiate baseball like you do basketball, null and void of any written rules, but strictly moreless according to your own personal rulings, interpretations, opinions and judgements of said game that you are officiating?
It's 8 year olds, get over it!!!!
Old Mon May 07, 2007, 08:11pm
Official Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OTWjPx6PWg

Soccer, but still funny.