The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 24, 2007, 09:28am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Ref12
It just confuses me, to be honest. You express a complete disdain for anything and everything that spews forth from the mouth of OS, and yet you perpetually encourage him by constantly responding to his drivel.

Do you not see that you're only encouraging him?

I apologize if that comes across as harsh. I don't mean it to be.
It doesn't come across as harsh, it is exactly what he wants to do. Get me to say more things in hopes that I will incriminate myself, or better stated, put my foot in my mouth so he can point out to the rest of the listening audience how bad of a person/official I am. What he doesn't understand and possibly to your point, or I believe this might be what you're getting at. You make yourself look bad, and everyone else, and you bring this board down when you constantly keep attacking OS posts whether right or wrong.

If you want to clean the house up. You get rid of the trash, all things that are bad, or dirty inside. It takes a strong man to admit he's wrong. It takes an even stronger man to stand up for what is right. I am working on this point right now in my life, on and off the court. Now you know why I say, long live David Stern. He's not afraid to do the right thing and clean up his house when someone is out of line.

Enough time spent on this forum today but i will leave you with this. A wise man once said, a community is only as strong as it's people, and it's people is only as strong as it's committment to what is right and it's disdain for what is not.

Last edited by Old School; Tue Apr 24, 2007 at 01:08pm.
Old Tue Apr 24, 2007, 09:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
No, in a vacuum......
(Aw, crap, I hate it when my fingers don't work.)

Yea, that too.

(Used with permission.)
Old Tue Apr 24, 2007, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

PS: this completely contradicts my opinions in the pasts concerning OS. I have been reformed. PEACE OUT!
Old Tue Apr 24, 2007, 10:03am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
So, um, does that mean you're operating in a vaccum?

Now THAT will definitely make you go blind!!
Old Tue Apr 24, 2007, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
Now THAT will definitely make you go blind!!
Oh, no! He's finally gotten to you! Now you're starting to think like him!

(Used with permission.)
Old Tue Apr 24, 2007, 11:09am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1town
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblref
Having spent the last week in Colorado Springs, and having spent a week in Chi-town last month, I definitely agree with your statement. Question is, which is the better?

Having lived in the cities of Chicago & Denver I have to agree that they are vastly different places & people.
Like Snaq said earlier, players in CO show officials much respect. I think it's taught to the youngsters at an early age in this region. I have to agree with OS "Another thing, everyone is sir or mam in my games. I think it's very important that we be people first and approachable".

Overall CO +3 on the line (great weather, quality people, better opportunities)
You deserve what you allow.

I have been living in a suburb of Chicago of 8 years as of about 2 or 3 days ago. I can tell you that many of the type of people are either very blue collar or come up in those kinds of backgrounds. Remember Chicago is a place where they were constantly complaining about their QB who took them to the Super Bowl. Even when Rex Grossman was winning games, there were media stories all over the place about playing a back up that had not has much NFL success in the post season or constant winning in the regular season for that matter. So this is not a place where someone just comes to you and says "sir" and "May I ask you a question..." in a tone that is completely respectful and does not have an edge. We also are generalizing here and there are always exceptions and other factors. But as a general rule I will not be a person that is constantly going to deal with questions after ever play. If that is something you want to do then do what you are comfortable with. Being approachable is very different than being yelled at or being confronted by players that should worry about their play instead of what you are doing personally.

Peace
Old Tue Apr 24, 2007, 12:15pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Oh, no! He's finally gotten to you! Now you're starting to think like him!

Does that mean I'm going straight to hell also???

Or that I'm going straight to...wait for it...the SEC???
Old Tue Apr 24, 2007, 12:58pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Remember Chicago is a place where they were constantly complaining about their QB who took them to the Super Bowl. Even when Rex Grossman was winning games, there were media stories all over the place about playing a back up that had not has much NFL success in the post season or constant winning in the regular season for that matter.
That's because Grossman was a horrible QB, and it wasn't only Chicago who was complaining. This guy put a bad name on QB'ing in the NFL with his lack luster preparation for a game. Remember what he said about the New Years game. He should have been benched right there. If Lovely wasn't so pigheaded and gave the backup a chance, who I believe was a veteran, they might have won the Super Bowl. Remember, it was the defense that took you there, an adequate QB (Trend Difford) and you probably would have won. Chicago fans weren't satisfied with just getting there, they wanted to win and they where rightfully worried with that guy at the helm. Remember, you play to win the game.
Quote:
We also are generalizing here and there are always exceptions and other factors. But as a general rule I will not be a person that is constantly going to deal with questions after ever play.
You are over generalizing right now. These type of questions don't come at you after every play. Once or twice a game. It sounds to me like you are getting a lot of teams/games where sportsmanship is not the priority. That is ashame for you because there are other games out there where this is not the case. However, in your situation you have to take control of your gym, and that requires a different mindset.
Closed Thread