The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 11, 2007, 06:00am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
I will have to disagree with some here. I have no problem with you talking about the level you work. It gives me and many others perspective about where you are coming from. Also those that say you should not talk about the levels you work they will be the first to ridicule those that do not work at a certain level. A few people cannot speak for all of us. Unfortunately we cannot see everyone work on the court so all you have is what you talk about here. It is other people's problem if they cannot deal with what you do.
You mis-interpreted what I said too. It's not about the level that someone works. It's about someone trying to imply that their post must be correct because they might work at that level. Big difference.
Old Wed Apr 11, 2007, 07:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblanton
... Does he really think I am home cooking him? or is it just a heat of the moment comment. Either way his team lost and he didn't have a TECH (or me) at the end of the game to blame for the loss.
But he does blame you for the loss. You made the oob call on his player that prompted the comment in the first place. Don't think for a moment that this immature coach does not blame you. He does.

But his blaming you should not make a difference in how you feel or what you call. You know you made the right call. You know you did your best. You know you called a fair game.

So, you know how he feels and you know how you feel - then he makes the stupid comment of how it is "obvious" what is going on. That comment is "obvious" to me of what he is truly implying. I can't fault you for walking away. But as said earlier, I would ask the coach to clarify his statement. You are putting it back on him - to either back down or to step up and really earn his T.

Just don't delusion yourself into thinking he doesn't blame you, he does.
Old Wed Apr 11, 2007, 09:24am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
You mis-interpreted what I said too. It's not about the level that someone works. It's about someone trying to imply that their post must be correct because they might work at that level. Big difference.
I never read that into his posts. I think he was just talking about what he does and his experience. Even if he felt he was "right" then you and others have the right to disagree with his positions.

Peace
Old Fri Apr 13, 2007, 12:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref

Sometimes game management means having the balls to take care of business.

Great quote. I wish more officials had this attitude.