The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Why not the same ref shirts? - NCAAW (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/33389-why-not-same-ref-shirts-ncaaw.html)

BearBoy Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:33pm

Why not the same ref shirts? - NCAAW

Don't know the uniform rules in NCAA-W.....Do the female officials still wear the standard striped shirt.....while the guys have the option to wear the wide side stripe insert?

Why doesn't the crew wear the same style shirt? Tonight, both female officials wore the standard shirt, while the guy wore the wide side stripe insert shirt.

What's the NCAA standing on this one? :confused:

JRutledge Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:06pm

I will say this again. Why do people care so much about this?

Peace

canuckrefguy Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
I will say this again. Why do people care so much about this?

Peace

Why do we care if the players' shirts are tucked in?

TRef21 Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearBoy
Don't know the uniform rules in NCAA-W.....Do the female officials still wear the standard striped shirt.....while the guys have the option to wear the wide side stripe insert?

Why doesn't the crew wear the same style shirt? Tonight, both female officials wore the standard shirt, while the guy wore the wide side stripe insert shirt.

What's the NCAA standing on this one? :confused:

For the 2006-2007 season the NCAA Rule Books states under Rule 2.1 art.2 The officials' uniform shall be a black-and-white striped shirt, which may have a 3-inch wide black insert, and black pants.

For some of the conference's I'm in we are allowed to wear it if the whole crew has it. I guess it's a preference. I think I saw a women's game early this season where the crew was wearing it. I know for a fact from an officiating supplier that women do wear them because she had a bunch of small in the men's size since the womens cut was made yet.

tomegun Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuckrefguy

Because the rules say so! Can you say the same about the refs' shirts?

canuckrefguy Wed Apr 04, 2007 01:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomegun
Because the rules say so! Can you say the same about the refs' shirts?

Fine, Mr. Smarty-pants. So why do we have the rule?

BearBoy Wed Apr 04, 2007 07:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRef21
For the 2006-2007 season the NCAA Rule Books states under Rule 2.1 art.2 The officials' uniform shall be a black-and-white striped shirt, which may have a 3-inch wide black insert, and black pants.

For some of the conference's I'm in we are allowed to wear it if the whole crew has it. I guess it's a preference. I think I saw a women's game early this season where the crew was wearing it. I know for a fact from an officiating supplier that women do wear them because she had a bunch of small in the men's size since the womens cut was made yet.

Thanks for your help....TRef21! :D

JoeTheRef Wed Apr 04, 2007 08:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuckrefguy

Because it's our job to care. What's your point because you're comparing apples to oranges here.

Jimgolf Wed Apr 04, 2007 09:55am

I'm kind of curious as to why the NCAA or one of the sponsors doesn't just provide uniforms for the Final Four officials to wear. It's certainly cheap enough compared to the amount of money the NCAA is earning.

Or is the wearing of different uniforms considered colorful, like in All-star games where each player wears their own home or away uniform instead of a league provided all-star uniform? Sort of emphasizing how each official is from a different conference, or something like that?