The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 06:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Well, truth be known he's serving 6-12 for killing an annoying fanboy.

He got a lenient sentence for obvious reasons.
A cellmate would know. Bunk beds or single mattress?
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 06:33pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by earmitage
A cellmate would know. Bunk beds or single mattress?
Curious, eh?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 06:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by earmitage
Let's stick to the facts and knock off the epithets. It only weakens your case.

There are two key points from the rules posted.

1) An offensive low post player, dislodging a defensive player from an established position by pushing or backing in, shall be called for a personal foul.

2) Likewise, a defensive low post player who uses his hands, forearms
or elbows to prevent an opponent from attaining or maintaining a legal
offensive position, shall be charged with a personal foul.

Oden was leveraging his position, alternating his shoulders and his seat, to back in, constantly. This is illegal. The defender had his position established. By contrast, referring to point 2, the Florida players were not using hands, forearms or elbows to prevent Oden from attaining or maintaining his legal position. They were doing it to prevent him from backing down. They were not pushing him out of his position.

In addition, Corbett was totally inconsistent with the way the rest of the tournament had been called, which is why I reached the conclusion I did. Again, I tip my hat to Donovan. He obviously made it clear to his players what the scenarios might be, mentally preparing them for possible outcomes. They kept their composure and he wisely distributed the fouls among various players once he saw how the game was going to be officiated.

Look, I'm no Gator fan. In fact, I would have loved to see UNC win it. I just want to see an unbiased, fairly officiated game. The officials should be there to ensure the game is played fairly, by the rules, with no advantage given to one team over another.
Well you just outed yourself as a liar. I only cited posts by BC22 and yet here you come taking it personally and writing "which is why I reached the conclusion I did." The fact is that you and BC22 are one and the same, yet you stated that he was "a friend". You are clearly a liar.

Furthermore, I was not debating the minutia of the rules with you or your "friend". It would serve no purpose to do so with a nonofficial. However, I clearly answered the question that was asked: "...how could you interpret Horford's defense on Oden as a foul..."

I provided clear rules support for how an official could INTERPRET his action as a foul. If you don't believe that YOU would have judged it a foul that is up to you. You are entitled to that opinion, and perhaps someday when you are standing on the court at the Final Four with a whistle, you can make that decision. For now you will have to accept the judgment of the man who was there. Lastly, you are NOT entitled to come on here and accuse an official of outright cheating when you haven't even read the rules.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 06:47pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
The fact is that you and BC22 are one and the same, yet you stated that he was "a friend". You are clearly a liar.
Yup.
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 07:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
The fact is that you and BC22 are one and the same, yet you stated that he was "a friend". You are clearly a liar.
And entirely too interested in what goes on in a jail cell when the lights are out, IMO anyway.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...just kinda ickey.
Closed Thread